Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivation to Lead | Origin: LS102R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

How Do You Lead? --> Motivation to Lead

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Authentic and successful leadership begins with an innate desire to motivate, engage, and develop others. To accomplish this, one must develop relationships with team members. Additionally, you must gain a sense of emotional intelligence for self-awareness of leadership styles and opportunities for growth.

I learned that effective leadership begins with a genuine desire to guide, support, and positively influence others. It is not defined by a title but by consistent actions, adaptability, confidence, and commitment to personal growth. I also learned that understanding my strengths and challenges can help me become a more intentional leader. I intend to apply this by communicating a clear vision, recognizing my team’s progress, delegating more effectively, and continuing to improve how I provide feedback and manage difficult situations.

I learned that my primary barriers to learn are internal and self-imposed. While there may be some outside factors, it is primarily in my court as to why I am not the best leader that I can be. So, I will lean on my strengths as a leader. That will lead to opportunities where I can practice my areas of weakness as a leader in a 'safer' environment.

Motivation to want to lead is important - participating in mentorships and programs to increase knowledge in leading are beneficial.

I intend to connect with people to learn even more how I can be a part of the team together reach the goals we are determined to achieve.  

Mentorship is a great way to build toward success

The importance of mentorship when learning to lead

Leadership isn't about having the loudest voice or highest title. 

It's a pleasure learning alongside you all.

Having meaningful conversations that highlight people, while discussing their goals, what motivates them will demonstrate how I am part of their journey towards success.    

I intend to connect with people to learn even more how I can be a part of the team to together reach the goals we are determined to achieve.

Sign In to comment