Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Un dato importante, es tratar de aplicar las diferentes herramientas de evaluación en un mismo curso. Ya que permitirá que los alumnos se expresen mejor según sea su tipo y permitan mejorar el desempeño de cada estudiante. La clasificación de las herramientas de evaluación, en cuatro categorías, puede ser aplicada según sean los objetivos de aprendizaje más asertivamente para cada estudiante.

I have learned that it is important to identify the best assessment tools for the benefit of the students' learning and the appropiate delivery of the course content. One of the ways to identify whether an assesment tool is working is to collect the students' own feedback about the assesment tool being used to see whether the tool is supporting their learning and to decide whether to continue using that particular tool in the future. Therefore, I will make sure to collect feedback from my students to provide them with the best tools for their online learning experience. 

I have laernt that it is very important to provide meaninfl feedback and that it is not necessary to use all the functions of the tools available but to know what is best for our objevtives. 

I learned that in the evaluation process the Instructor must not only know the content, but also know and have diverse evaluation tools to attend to the diversity of the learning processes of their students. I still have a hard time knowing how to evaluate the process or the product of performance evaluations (labs or simulations) or portfolios (digital portfolios). I find the WebQuest tool very interesting.

There are various types of technological tools for evaluation, it is important to investigate in depth and identify their own for the course, implement them but at the end of this evaluate their performance.

Lo que se puede expresar de este módulo es el impacto y la variedad de conocimientos de las diferentes herramientas tecnológicas del que podemos hacer uso para un adecuado desarrollo de instrucción, y a vez implementar diversas herramientas tecnológicas para una adecuada evaluación en el desempeño de los estudiantes. 

Online testing can be great for both parties. The online quizzes and exams allow for quick grading, the ability to test remotely, and easy review. 

This topic was a great reminder of the pros and cons of assessment tools. I agree with the instruction that a variety of assessment tools should be used when assessing student learning. Learning styles will vary from student to student. Having this understanding, and also applying it through different forms of student outreach and instruction will aid in student engagement, and learning material retention. The need to receive valuable feedback from students should also not be overlooked, but taken and incorporated into how you interact and engage with students. 

Comment on Aricka McCauley's post

Hello Aricka,

I agree. Its extremely important to test the function of online tools to ensure its working properly, and is also a suitable representation on the lectures or skills that were taught online and on campus.

Mrs. Shabazz

It is important to get student feedback to see if the assessment is providing proper feedback and is easily accessible.

Have learned that there are effective ways to get ideas and concepts across an online platform. Key is to know the function of each online tool to optimize for student's learning experience.

The importance/relevance of the rubric in assessments that are performance-based due to their subjective nature. 

I learned there are a variety of technology assessment tools that should be used to assess student learning, selection can be based on a student's learning style...and it can vary based on what is best for the majority of your learners. I try to stay flexible and make adjustments based on what worked and did not work because each class can differ.

While technology is a great enabler, the choice of the correct assessment tool must be based on the pedagogy and module content. Using a tool just because everyone else is adopting it, does not necessarily make it the best fit for what you need to assess.

Making sure the assessment tool correlate with the objective outcome.

I have been able to learn that technology can be an excellent support tool but not a substitute for the tasks that the teacher must develop.
I have been teaching online for many years, I could say that students have understood that there is no going back on this, but it is not the ideal way in which they often seek to learn.

He aprendido a diferenciar, los diferentes tipos de herramientas tecnologicas para poder usar con mis estudiantes.

I have learned valuable insights from this module. It has emphasized the diverse range of technological tools available for collecting meaninful data on student performance, providing immediate feedback, and fostering personalized learning experiences. In my teaching practice, I plan to apply this knoledge by integrating these tools to personalize learning, enhance feedback delivery, track student progress over time, and encourage active engagement.

In this course I learned about the different student assessment tools. And the importance of executing them correctly

I learned more about digital portfolios and how they can be used in an online classroom.

Sign In to comment