Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Managing Do not Calls

How can we generate a referral from an inquiry that is out of the area?

Defining the level of our responsibility

It is a frequently a challenge to determine if a student is under the influence of a prescribed or self prescribed narcotic. I have known students that tend to always look under the influence but that is their "norm". If I use the first student as a benchmark, I may be making bad assumptions. To be safe, I never accuse or confront a student; I will request that they remove themselves from a lab until I can determine it safe for them to return. It seems a little grey within our institution... do I request them to submit to a… >>>

do-not-call

if a perspective student called and left a message can we call that student back?

do not call

if a perspective student left message and is on a do-not-call can we call student back?

A Good Fit...Solidify their decision.

There have been many times that I have encouraged prospective students to research Concorde Career College with local Hospitals, and HR departments. This stems from research I myself accomplished prior to accepting employment with Concorde, and also as a result of many prospective students who had already completed this process prior to seeing me in the Admissions Department.

future students

What kind of impact does it have on a school? Example: admissions enrolls a student with no job and no housing. The student meets with FA and the end result is that there is a small gap. The student says they can pay but admits they have no job or housing. After 2 months the student is withdrawn for non-payment.

New Hire Orientation

Best Practices on how to train new hires to do their jobs.

engaging students in the process

I have found that engaging students in the process has shown to have better outcomes.

Accreditation

One question I am often asked from students is in regards to accreditation. Why don't all Universities accept the credits?

Forum 3

Be imaginative and honest to attract good students.

Forum 2

Watch your words.

Student Disclosures

Students who inquire about the Physical Therapist Assistant program at Concorde KOP are provided with a disclosure form that each must sign and is then placed in their file. Each form explains the Physical Requirements/Working Conditions, ATB/GED Statement, Transfer of Credits, Externship/Clinical Requirements, Criminal Background Check, and Emergency Release. The student is also provided with an Enrollment Agreement, Return of Title IV Funds, Criminal Background Disclosure, Student Criminal Background Check Acknowledgement, Personal Data Form, HS/GED Transcript Request, Student Disclosures and Acknowledgements, Consolidated Salary Disclosure, Federal Student Disclosure Federal Placement Rate Disclosure, Federal Student Body Diversity Disclosure, Waitlist Acknowledgement and Programmatic… >>>

referrals

Asking a prospective student to bring a friend is always safe.

Separation of duties

I wonder if there is a way to offer an employee training regarding the overall picture of how each department works together without violating the separation of duties. For example, the other day, a prospective student was comparing the curriculum of a state school with our school and expressing how much more affordable the state school's program was. It just happene that I had a demanding parent asking questions about the same program days prior and connected the parent to our career services director who was able to relay, not only our competitive graduation and placement rates, but also explain… >>>

Can Spam Education

Getting all of our departments to understand the importance of aherence to CAN SPAM laws has been a struggle. Even after repeated warnings, employees continue to send mass email without approval or process. Is there not an IT solution to prohibit?

Drug-Free Awareness

Wondering if the DOE offers any training, guidelines, or protocol as to how this program should look or be conducted?

Entrance Counseling

Wondering if the DOE offers any sort of training on Entrance Counseling, or if they offer any guidelines, written training, protocol as to what coverage and detail?

PLUS

It is interesting to me that parents don't have to undergo any counseling for the PLUS loan. Anyone know why this isn't a requirement?

NSLDS

In FA dept. we are not allowed to run NSLDS on a tenative because that student is not enrolled and we don't have the right to look into their loan history and its about time we changed that rule

Code of Conduct

It clearly states in our Catolog that breaking the rule of conduct the school reserves the right to suspend or terminate the student and they should read the catolog to insure that they understand this policy