Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Entrance Counseling

Wondering if the DOE offers any sort of training on Entrance Counseling, or if they offer any guidelines, written training, protocol as to what coverage and detail?

I cannot speak for the Dept of Ed but, I think there is an assumption that many student borrowers are taking out loans for the first time and need extra guidance.

When we do the Entrance Counseling there are a number of pages a student reads before taking a 15 question test. If they read this information and their MPN then they sould basically know about their loans.

Direct Loans Entrance Counseling seems to inform new borrowers very well. The effectiveness of this new approach on default prevention remains to be seen.

The DOE provides schools with documentation in which we can pass on to Students to read and study. The Entrance Interview process continues once the Student is able to complete a test.

I agree with Franciso about direct loans infroming new borrowers.

Yes, all the information is contained in those 20 pages regarding student loans.

It help students to basically understand the loans which they are planning to take from Dept of Education.

Entrance counseling is a great way for students to gather information on their loans

For the student you should encourage them to read the information when they are completing their MPN and entrance counseling. That should give the student the basic information they will need regarding the loans they are borrowing and how important it is to pack back their loans. YOu can always get some information on the entrance counseling and read up on it so you have a general idea how to answer a students question.

Sign In to comment