Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Drug-Free Awareness

Wondering if the DOE offers any training, guidelines, or protocol as to how this program should look or be conducted?

I believe all should be aware of guidelines

I found the following information in Volume 2 of the Student Aid Handbook on the website.

http://ifap.ed.gov/fsahandbook/attachments/0910FSAHbkVol2Ch4Other.pdf

The following resources are available for schools that are developing drug prevention programs.
• The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment and Referral Hotline.
Information and referral line that directs callers to treatment centers in the local community (1-800-662-HELP).
• The Drug Free Workplace Helpline.
A line that provides information only to private entities about workplace programs and drug testing. Proprietary and private nonprofit but not public postsecondary schools may use this line (1-800-967-5752).
• The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information.
Information and referral line that distributes U.S. Department of Education publications about drug and alcohol prevention programs as well as material from other federal agencies (1-301-468-2600).

I believe students as well as employees/staff should be aware of the guidelines.

Thank you so much for this information! It is extremely helpful.

All students and employees should be award of guidelines

Students and staff should be aware of this

This is definitely good information to have, but maybe the schools can start posting this in the cafeteria where majority of students/staff are so they know they have access to these resources.

Thanks for sharing this is wonderful information to have. The more resources we can offer our students and staff the better.

This information should be shared with staff as well as students.

I think this is excellent information to have on hand.

Thanks for sharing this information it is very beneficial!!

Sign In to comment