Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Code of Conduct

It clearly states in our Catolog that breaking the rule of conduct the school reserves the right to suspend or terminate the student and they
should read the catolog to insure that they understand this policy

I agree, I think it is important that the student is knowledgeable about the policy so they be held accoutable.

All of our students receive a campus catalog. I believe that some do not read all of the details that should be important to them. A new student orientation is required for all students prior to starting their program. At that time, the rules of conduct (and many other catalog issues) are covered.

I agree as well, students need to be made fully aware of the rule of conduct.

I think all students must read and fully understand the consequence of the Code of Conduct.

It is imperative that we divulge our Code of Conduct and our campus catalog does an excellent of clearly defining the parameters. Unfortunately, it typically comes as a surprise to a student when they are held accountable when they break a Code of Conduct. At Orientation, we clearly cover the catalog, with emphasis paid to student responsibilities... but you can only lead the horse to water... drinking has to be their responsibility.

As an admissions rep,it is one of my responsibilities to make sure they have read and understand this section in our catalog at the time of enrollment.

At the time of orientation it is also revisited , in making sure if any other questions.

Yes, they should all read the rules and sign a form.

Code of Conduct is such an important rule. It is vital to the students who are new as well as those who are returning. If the violations are present then they need to be fixed immediately.

The code of conduct is vital the school success. The student hand outlines what is acceptable conduct. The school staff and students should be reminder, maybe by term, what the rules state.

I agree that holding students accountable to a code of contact is important. Not only does it help within the school setting but it reinforces that there are rules which must be followed, just like they will encounter in the working world.

I like your suggestion to reiterate the expectations periodically. Students receive a ton of information upon enrollment and reminders throughout the program are a proactive way to encourage proper conduct.

During the interview process it is very important to bring up the Code of Conduct and the expectations during their externships. Students are expected to behave in a professional manner at all times.

Code of Conduct pertains to students and employees.

Sign In to comment