Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Separation of Duties Structure

Outline an organizational structure that supports the requirements ensuring appropriate separation of duties.

Non-monetary Motivational Strategies

What can managers do to motivate employees given the additional federal restrictions with elimination of the "safe harbors"?

Providing Disclosures

Name three items you recall regarding specific disclosures made by your institution.

Catalog Information

Which topics from your school catalog do you most frequently reference in your daily job?

Eliciting Student Referrals

What methods of seeking student referrals from other students are appropriate, given the new restrictions?

Competitive Advantages

If a student asks you how your institution compares to another competitive institution, what is a good way to respond to the question?

Handling Do-Not-Call Restrictions

How does your institution track which students they are allowed (or not allowed) to call based on the Do-Not-Call regulations?

Managing Consumer Disclosures

What procedures does your institution have in place to ensure that students and prospective students receive the currently required disclosures?

Compliance

All of the compliance rules and regulations were very helpful, I did learn alot with this training course and will apply it to my position

Read Before You Sign

I see many students just sign documents without taking the time to thoroughly read what they are signing. During that moment, I remind them the importance to read documents first before giving their actual signature. Providing examples are helpful, such as, someone could have been selling you a car, poor product, etc, and you would not have even known.

Student disclosures

Student disclosures should always be shared with potential students.

Ferpa

We must ensure to follow the guidelines of Ferpa.

Do not call

The do not call list is appropriate.

Ethics

It's good to see that individual ethics are monitored.

Managing Call Lists

What is the exact process for managing call lists? What I am looking for is some detail regarding the productivity of admissions representatives when they are making phone calls to prospective students. Other than clearly noting that a student wishes not to be called again or has verbally expressed disintreset what are the processes to ensure: - Calls are not being made past XX amount of times to a number that is never answered (just to log an attempt) - Call are not being made to numbers where a voice mail is required or commonly the result (past X many… >>>

Conflicting interests within an organization.

There are many instances that an organization is consisted of different departments each with conflicting goals. How, as a manager, do you manage an effective team under these circumstances.

compliance

some of the schools have their financial aid officers sitting in less private or open areas to discuss financial aid and other discussion private matters. Are we looking into changing this so that private matters are discussed privately

catalog information

how current is the information and is this user friendly for students

NSLDS

Since FA can't run the report during, should we have student check into that before coming in for financial aid appointments?

implication of new legislation

proper education should be conducted before implication of new legislation