Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Catalog Information

Which topics from your school catalog do you most frequently reference in your daily job?

The catalog topics most frequently discussed daily would probably be cost, start date, and financial aid availability. I deal with prospective students on a daily basis, and these topics are always the first and "most important" questions these individuals have. It is strange to me that students don't typically ask about security, or accrediting bodies because those topics are, in my opinion, equally important.

Rosemary,

I believe that students ask question that directly relate to them. They may know very little about security and campus crime reports as well as the functions of an accrediting body.

Cindy Bryant, Facilitator

Students usually want to inquire about the classes they are planning to attend, placement percentage rate, and what the exact time and days they are required to be here. Prior to their campus tour and their first admissions visit, we provide the prospective student with an electronic catalog via email. This allows them to review it first and prepares them for any questions they may have.

Wendell,

This is a great process. The review of the catalog is critical to the student's success.

Cindy Bryant

Those are the same topics that I discuss with prospective students over the phone when they are inquiring. When I am enrolling a student then they ask more indetail about the accrediting agencies and the security. I agree with you that those topics are equally important and should be discussed upfront.

Sign In to comment