Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

NSLDS

Since FA can't run the report during, should we have student check into that before coming in for financial aid appointments?

We've just been probing more during the interview notes section. Askig them if they know the status of their prior loans etc.

Absolutely not! Admissions doesn't advise candidates on any FA procedures.

My comments was not directed to Admissions but FA including the NSLDS website or number to call. i believe the reps at NSLDS will answer the questions and if there is anything to be resolved, it is worked out.

the students should check NSLDS prior to their financial aid appt since the school can not run it before enrolling the student

We have FA check the NSLDS website as soon as the student is enrolled.

Financial aide cks Nslds but students usually will have a good idea if they are in default and hopefully have taken care of any issues prior to coming to enroll.

Once the student has signed a enrollment agreement, financial aid can check the NSLDS website to see what the status is on the student loans. or When conducting a tentative you can ask some general questions to get an idea what kind of finacial aid the student had before. You can usually tell by how they answer the question.

The student should go through the Admissions process and then see FA for their process. FA is able to run an NSLDS to see if they are in good standards or default.

When giving them their estimate, we make the student aware of certain situations that can affect their funding such as default, overlaps, and overpayments. They usually ask for the NSLDS address that we provide them with and they can check it on their own. They are usually enrolled before they return for an appointment so we check it before they attend their appointment.

I disagree, it is important that we empower our students to take ownership, by checking their NSLDS themselves before enrolling.

Sign In to comment