Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Competitive Advantages

If a student asks you how your institution compares to another competitive institution, what is a good way to respond to the question?

Obviously, it is important not to make any statements about a competitor that could be false, misleading, subjective, or even potentially slanderous. I think that the best answer to give a student who is curious about how another institution compares to yours, is to encourage the student to make their own decision. Suggest that they visit or research the other institution, educate themselves in the differences between your institution and the other, and formulate their own opinion of how the two compare.

Alex,

I totally agree with you.

Cindy Bryant, Facilitator

I would respond by bringing the student back to thier Educational Opportunity within my institution.

I let the student know that I am unaware about the policies and procedures of the competitive school and that I can only speak for our school. I tell them to call the other school of interest and compare what they heard at our visit and mke the best choice for them.

olivia,

This is the best advice to give students allowing them to do their own research. I would encourage them to make sure that they are comparing the exact same variables and to speak with students at the school to get a feel for the school's culture.

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment