Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

How am I going to apply this information?

I am going use this information for my prospective students. I do not want to violate privacy and give them the most accurate information possible.

different levels taking the same course

What can you do when you have very different levels on the same class?

Engagement Tactics

What different tactics can be used to engage learners as it relates to online learning?

Instructor Role

Yes, the role of the Instructor preparedness is critical  to the learner ,however the student must have a clear understanding of what time management and commitment  means as an indivual, which perhaps will need some adjustment at first to continue and be successful. That is the goal.

Scaffolding

How do you use scaffolding in your online courses?

What have I learned from this module and how do I intend to apply it?

Quality e-learning courses employ the capabilities of learning delivery technologies to foster multi-sensory learning experiences, and multimedia learning environments that are controlled and managed by the learner’s action and decisions.

Course content needs to include activities where critical thinking and problem-solving are practiced by the students. Activities like case studies can be assigned to workgroups that can meet via zoom or any other interactive two-way communication format to discuss and work together to find solutions to the problem presented. It is important that whatever activity is assigned has built-in strategies for engaging every student.

Learning Differences

Every Student has a different learning style. Each student has a different approach in the learning process

Cotton Candy Course

With the ever-shrinking attention span of today's learners, I find it challenging to keep their attention on learning activities. Cell phones are the worst thing to have happened to the modern student, in my opinion. Today's teachers have to try to capture the goldfishlike attention span of modern students. I'm wondering how we as educators, can successfully compete for the attention span of unmotivated students in a digital environment with flashy content that may or may not serve to instill the desired competencies. (Just a thought.) 

Asynchronous Learning

Asynchronous Learning is learning that is needed in today's environment.  With the changes we saw during the pandemic it is needed for K-12, but also for adult learners. 

Related to asynchronous online courses (EL116)

For this discussion, I would like you to respond to the following question, providing examples of how you would resolve the problem:  Students have complained that online classes (asynchronous) do not involve the opportunity to ask questions and get quick responses from instructors the way they would in a face-to-face or a synchronous class.  I have seen some courses include an "ask the teacher" open discussion post available for students, but this doesn't provide the spontaneous Q and A I think that they are looking for.  I have created a Zoom hour for some of my classes, but these have… >>>

Make up a topic

Topic allows  discussion  of a specific  topic

Static courses

Touch points in a static class really seem to enhance a course even when it is asynchronous.

Communication and Trades | Origin: EL121

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching Skills and Trades Online  --> Communication and Trades

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Why Integrated Learning Matters | Origin: EL121

Teaching Skills and Trades Online  --> Why Integrated Learning Matters

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Learning Trades Online | Origin: EL121

Teaching Skills and Trades Online  --> Learning Trades Online

Learning Skills Online | Origin: EL121

Teaching Skills and Trades Online  --> Learning Skills Online

Characteristics of Quality Online Courses

Online education uses digital tools to achieve the teaching and learning process, creates a virtual environment to facilitate communication between students and teachers, which is why online education encourages interaction and the creation of collaborative and feedback ties. with the purpose of sharing and building knowledge. On the other hand, we must guarantee quality so that the learning process is effective.

College classes should eliminate letter grades

Should college classes eliminate letter grades and only submit pass or fail?

Relatable Materials

It is important to share information with students that they can apply to real life experiene as well as information that they can connect with.

How do you feel online learning should be mapped?

Tell me what you expect out of an online course.