Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We have an instructor survey that is given after each class. It is 12 questions that cover things like how well the instructor was prepared for their class, courtesy and professionalism in the classroom and lab and how well the test questions matched the curriculum. This is then reviewed by management and tracked to ensure the student’s expectations are being met and they are satisfied with their total learning experience.

We have TTL,EM,Training also staff meetings all of this is to keep everyone on the same page as to what the objective is, and that is the student.

we give out evaluations to our students.they eval the instructor,course material,tools,and much more.if there is a problem,they would go to an e.m. for further help.

My institution regularly holds meeting for our department so that we can share information that is relevant to the work we perform on a daily basis. Retention is discussed during the meetings and ways to improve it are discussed. My institution also requires a weekly assessment of each student in the class which includes keeping track of possible trouble signs a student displays. The institution attempts to stop attrition by finding out problems with attendance, grades, transportation and other factors. Finding out about these factors allows the institution to act and attempt to meet the students expectations from the school and beyond.

We have student surveys and we do instructor evaluations monthly. We also track attendance per instructor.

We are costantly reminded to look for symtoms that may require immediate attention and quickly act on behalf of the students best interest. We as instructors are always having meetings to address these types of concerns, and work with each other to improve our education and making sure with meet and assure the students expectations. To this, I also add that for the great majority of time, we do meet their expections and beyond.

We conduct 2 student surveys every quarter. One for Instructor evaluation
and one for the schools overall evaluation. These surveys are reviewed by our Directors and then acted upon accordingly.

Between the Instructor and student we have an open lines of communication and be there for them to answer any of there questions. We explain all the details of every class at the begiining of evry class so this way the student has a clear view of what the class has to offer. Now their expectations can be met.

The primary form at our facility is a survey conducted at the end of each three week course. As the minimum program length here is 17 of these three week courses; a continuous input of student satifaction level monitored. The surveys are 12 questions concerning the particular class, instructor, program materials, equipment and support services. The answers are E - G - F - P and a commentary section for write in is offered. The surveys are annoymous but names are accepted. These surveys are carefully studied by upper level management and dedicated staff, conclusions are directed to all involved parties for follow-through.

We have course evaluations that the students complete at the of a course.Many students do not state,with any details,what expectations were met.Some,no doubt, due to poor writing ability,English is their second language,or they just feel that the evaluation is pointless.The instructor that is communicating daily with the student is often more aware of what a student's satisfaction is with the course or the school.

ESI reports are read and evaluated by management. They discuss student concerns with the instructor of record.

When a student signs his/her name to the ESI the student will be interviewed for further explainations/assistance.

I encourage my classes to sign or leave their student number on the survey sheets, especially if they have a negative comment they'd like to see addressed, but I believe few of them sign. Can you tell me what percentage of the ESI reports are actually signed?

One thing I do in particular is ,I say hello to every student every time I see them and I actually listen to their response if it is not positive I will stop and inquire.

Part of our IEP Institutional Effectiveness Plan
is to do student questionnaires after the first
week we start our new students. We also do a
graduate survey and questionnaire to target any
areas where improvement is needed.

In addition during each year we have advisory
board meetings with employers in the area to see
if our graduates are meeting the needs of the
community. Our faculty surveys also deal with
any problems the students are having.

We have an open door policy at the administrative
level so students feel welcome to discuss any problems they are having.

What's included in the first week student questionnaire, Salma? Who administers it and who is responsible for any indicated follow up?

The Academic Dean and the Director administer the
questionnaire.
The results are entered in the computer by the Academic Dean and a
print out of the totals shows the areas where
improvement is needed.

Here are some of the questions: The staff at
IBC was helpful in my enrollment; the receptionist greeted me with a smile and promptly
found someone to assist me; The tour of the facility was helpful in my decision to enroll at
IBC; I received a copy of the syllabi in each
of my classes; The Financial Aid Administrator
was helpful and informative;
Admissions and the Director of the School are
responsible for follow-up. Comments directed to
a specific department will address those issues
as need be.

Our Student Coordinator and Assistant Director
will call into their offices to discuss attendance; grades etc, at mid term. This is not
only for new students but for the whole student
body. The Assistant Director works with students who are consistently absent and maintains contact with them throughout the 6 week
term to assure they are attending classes and discuss with them any issues they feel they need
help with. We have a referral process and
contact numbers in the community to help our
students with child care, jobs, etc. All new
students are enrolled in our Professional Development Class to insure bonding, unity,
friendships and success during the first crucial
semester.

We use an instructor evaluation that the student fills out after each course, they are also given space to wright there own comments and concerns about the course content, as well as how well the instructor met there expectations. This tool has proved very effective, it not only allows constructive criticism but also can be very rewarding and encouraging for an instructor when the students give positive feed back.

We utilize our student end of phase surveys as a guide on how well we are meeting the students expectations. this gives us good information to help us with retention, kwoning what the students like and dislike.

It's encouraging to read your positive assessment of the survey tool and that your students actually provide written comments. Many don't. What is your school doing to encourage this kind of response?

Sign In to comment