Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Maintaining Relationships with Employers | Origin: CS115

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Developing and Maintaining Effective Employer Partnerships --> Maintaining Relationships with Employers

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

It was very interesting in reading about the employers perspective of ROI.

I also found it interesting reviewing ROI.  

Great to hear discussions currently had with employers concerning their ROI is beneficial along with other topics for long term partnership.

Thanks for the aditional information! Maintaining and building employer relationships is one of the most important aspects of this posistion asd iss intrigal to the success of any industry outreach initiative!

I thought that the fact that grants and technology were influential was very interesting.

My takeaway for this module was the importance of getting your institution's President involved in making a connection with industry partners/employers. It allows the President and the industry partner/employer to establish/build a relationship that enables the employer to feel valued and heard. Going back to the previous module, scheduling a meeting with the President and industry partner at the employer's site is key, and allows for the President to learn more about the employer and their needs. 

One of the main aspects is ROI which can be achieved through internsips and co desiging of curriculum.

There is so much to learn on ROIs. It is imperative that the school based teacher learn about the business so that the business's ROI is satisfactory. 

I found it interesting in this module the effectiveness of text messaging and how much it is used.  It's a mindshift from the generation I grew up in.

I also like that when an intern is hired after completing an internship with a company they are 40% more likely to retained as an employee after 5 years.  It's a benefit to both parties. 

How making employers aware of the ROI when partnering with institutions to recruit employees.

We often struggle with maintaining employer contacts but I had never considered intentionally trying to establish at least 2 points of contact with an employer. I might try that.

When employers are engaged with colleges the benefit can be monetary with upgrades as gifting to the university.

It is a beneficial, reciprocal relationship for colleges and employers to collaborate together. 

I have come to learn that one of the keys to maintaining long-lasting relationships with employers is to be actively aware of the current struggles they face along with ways our college can alleviate their burden through the coming generations of new hires.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities