Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Matching Candidates | Origin: CS106

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Becoming an Effective Job Developer --> Matching Candidates 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned to that its okay to be open with the employer about skill level of candidates. Also being open with the student on employers expectation.

I learned to remember your job isn't to just place students, but to fulfill their need as well as the employers. 

Ensuring that the candidate is beneficial not only for the employer but also assists in establishing relationships.

I learned about something that I don't really focus on but will use in future trainings. In the near future I will teach the students more about cold calling. It is something that I do often. I think that it is beneficial to add to their job search skills.

I've learned that it's ok to carefully select canidates that meet Employer needs. Don't just send students who are avaiable, make sure they meet the needs of the company.

Be honest with employer and let employer know if candidates has some flaws.  Send candidates who qualify to employer's need not just a lot of resumes.

I am essentially the liasion between employers and potential employees/candidates. It is my job to match up a job order wtih an appropriate candidate. It would serve me well to confirm that all applicants that i sent over to an employer are interested in the position as well otherwise it is a waste of time and the loss of a decent space for someone who actually DOES want that job. 

I've learned that there are many intricacies behind creating a job order and sending resumes. I love learning more about the "art" of our field.

Have a plan, implement the plan and think about what you could have done better. All this aspects are useful when interacting with the candidate and the employer. Take good notes from the employer and your candidates.

I learned that its very important to listen to the employer in order to give them the right type f candidate and not just anybody.

I found the description of the job order process very helpful.

It is important to screen candidates to make sure they are a proper fit for the emplyoer, even if they are urgently hiring. 

I learned that, when sending potential employees for job opportunities, one should tailor to each student's strengths, rather than blasting out a number of candidates who may or may not qualify for the position.

Learning about following up with employers to better match for the future is helpful.

I learned that it is important to set clear expectations with students prior to the job search process.

I learned that matching candidates for a job order should be very detailed, and you should be very thorough in assessing their experience.   You should review the job order and details to make sure the referral(s) you send match the job order.  Also, you must always remember to match other attributes as well, professionalism, enthusiasm, and the candidates' expectations.

This module reminded me to be an advocate for my students while also helping them become an advocate for themselves. Giving students skills to be autonomous in finding the right fit for them, will provide them with confidence for any future situations. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities