Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Our mission has been to ensure our Career Services Department is at the forefront of our mission in hairdressing, barbering & esthetics. Love getting this training & re-affirming everything we are doing as a team to help students cross over to employment.

What I learned from this module is that if Career Services is able to provide the proper resources to our students, said students will be assisting Career Services in the long run with accreditation, reporting, and school success. As well that having a mission statement helps define the department's purpose and outlines its core objectives, providing a clear direction for the services and support it offers to students.

From this module, I've learned that Career services department can benefit everyone within and outside of the institution. And as an institution that works with students, we can take advantage of the Orientations to let prospective students know more about what our Career services department offers.

As a work-based learning coordinator with a program in its infancy, I am working to develop a career center to serve as the hub of WBL activities and resources. This module has helped me think through some preliminary planning and development of a mission statement for my center. Also, within the scope of services, at this time my center is best suited as a career "exploration" center rather than a career "services" center as we are not ready to offer the full scope of services and do not have the capacity to serve students in a job placement role.

Career service department is very important because it prepares both current, Alumni and prospect in their respective jobs interest. Not only does it help them with their resumes but it also gives them confidence due to mock interviews.

Hola¡, en mi caso aprendí que para tener una comprensión clara de la misión ayudará a la división de servicios profesionales de la universidad a determinar cómo debe conducir su negocio y qué objetivos debe perseguir. La comunicación efectiva de esta declaración de misión a los miembros del equipo interno y a los clientes externos es crucial.

En cuanto a las ofertas de servicios, para evitar errores de comunicación o que los clientes y el personal tengan expectativas poco realistas, las ofertas de servicios del departamento deben ser muy claras para ambas partes. Se debe realizar una oferta clara y completa de los servicios profesionales prestados para definir este alcance.

En cuanto al conocimiento de la industria, para brindar servicios de alta calidad en línea con las tendencias más recientes de la industria, el personal del departamento de servicios profesionales de la universidad debe actualizarse continuamente. Por lo tanto, la investigación de información de la industria es esencial para el éxito del departamento y la satisfacción del cliente.

Para analizar y desarrollar soluciones originales y creativas para sus clientes, los responsables de la división de servicios profesionales deben tener tiempo para investigar, reflexionar y reflexionar.

Los miembros del departamento de servicios profesionales de una universidad deben afiliarse a miembros de otras organizaciones que los ayuden a adquirir experiencia, conocimiento y una audiencia más amplia para mantenerse actualizados y conectados a una red de expertos en la materia.

Por su parte, en las publicaciones profesionales es fundamental que los miembros del departamento de servicios profesionales de la universidad se mantengan actualizados y compartan sus conocimientos a través de publicaciones profesionales que les ayuden a posicionarse y aumentar su visibilidad en la industria.

El alcance de los beneficios se debe cuidar que los clientes conozcan las ventajas de utilizar los servicios profesionales del departamento universitario. Para lograr esto, es fundamental que los representantes de servicio al cliente tomen la iniciativa y estén siempre dispuestos a resolver cualquier duda o consulta que los clientes puedan tener sobre las ventajas que brindan los servicios profesionales.

I have learned that it is important to begin by outlining your mission, purpose, and goals. That way you can monitor outcomes and deliver more effective Career Services to your students and alumni.

While Career Services is sometimes considered an afterthought, with appropriate planning, staffing and effort it can be an important part of the university. Career Services is important not just for students and alumni, but for other departments to help with recruitment and retention and for the overall community.

I have learned that Career Services is equally important even before a student is enrolled. I appreciated the comments about how the Admissions Representatives should be kept informed of where graduates are getting jobs and their salary, etc. I can also see now how associations could benefit the wealth of information of those who have gone through the programs in the past for purposes of mentoring, etc. I look to use this information to see how we can keep Admissions and Career Services in tune and how we can begin an association in our college. 

I learned the importance of the Career Services department, from creating a mission statement, providing appropriate services and setting the students up for success.

I Learned and it is very important in this career services department a staff that really has and the good intentions of helping our students after graduation to enter their working life in the different institutions

I also learned the very important is joining and associate and joining up career services departament and working together whit the students

I learned the importance of an effective Career Services department to the entire organization.

Great insights on not just the purpose of; but also the many working components of career services. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities