Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Internal Audits of Functional Departments | Origin: CM101

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Internal Audits: Building a Compliant Campus --> Internal Audits of Functional Departments

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

During the training I learned that each institution accepts credits at their own discretion. As a student, I beleive that their should be a standard criteria for education across the board so that education is student centered. By allowing schools descretion, it costs students more money by repeating courses, and more time to accomplish thier accademic goals. By making courses in the same field unified, it makes educational aspects more clear for students.

Although multiple leaves are allowed, they can never exceed 180 days in any 12- month period.

When a prospective student asks a question and you don't know the answer instead of saying I am not sure or I don't know it is better to tell him  I will get the correct information to you.

My takeaway is the Reauthorization Act of 1992 which in summary requires that no more than 90% of revenue be derived from Federal Student Aid fund sources.   This was an eye-opener for me. 

I learned the significance of placement waivers for higher education institutions. 

as an employee at a school were funding is mostly by student, we do not accept Financial Aid, I found it eye opening that that is what is

expected of higher education institutes.  I always assumed that most colleges/institutes were mainly funded by Financial Aid.

Also, regulations to be set about non-starts, drops, withdrawals and LOAs. very informative.

What I took away from this lesson was that there are multiple levels of vertification when it comes to employment. 

Learning how to support students in areas of placement.

I learned more about the Financial Aid process. 

Great info

When a student re-enters, he or she as to be checked thoroughly before being accepted to return to the institution.

During the time that student start and finish the program, the status can be changed currently in school (active) to Withdrawal (W) based on the student decision

All the information learned was very helpful to my job duties.

Comment on Emilie Wojtowicz's post: thank you for the tip

Comment on Everett Neely's post: Remembers in your 10% you can count, military benefit, vocational rehab, payment plan or corporate grant. 

The types of leaves was greatly clarified.

It is important to ensure that departments are operating according to policy and are holding students and themselves accountable to guidelines around Title IV funding, LOAs, Withdrawals, and other areas of procedural compliance.

Learn about financial aid. 

Various accreditors and state regulatory agencies have different formulas for calculating placements rates.  These mandatory formulas often result in different percentages which are statistically disparate.  Unfortunately, new federal Borrower Defense to Repayment regulations have further complicated the matter by requiring insitutions to count  students who are waived by an accreditor or state regulator to be counted as not placed in the new BDR publihsed palcement rates.  Further, BDR regulations will not permit any student who was employed in a particular field prior to graduation to be counted as a placment.  It is no wonder students are so confused . . . one program may be required to publish 3-4 different placement rates to satisfy mutliple regulatory bodies!

Sign In to comment