Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great module, I have learned procedural fairness, basic fariness, supportive measures I also learned the effects of sexual voilence.

Depressions, Flashbacks and Post tramautic stress disorder.  

Gained clarity on Title IX and Clery Act and how sexual harrassment should be handled within the school. 

Thank You for this. As we all know, regulations are ever changing. I have a much broader understanding of the many types of mis-conduct and what is / what isn't classified as a Title IX offense.

Regulations are ever changing and evolving. Thank  you for the updated facts.

I learned the differences between Title IX, Cleary act and VAWA and how the laws work with each of them.

I appreciated this training module as a refresher on the topics of Title IX and the Clery Act as well as VAWA.  It is so interesting how current elected officials can modify what and who is covered and how with each new term.  What I was really reminded of taking this training is the necessity of these laws to be in place to require universities and places of higher learning to protect students in institutions of learning.  The extensions and umbrella of protections for persons of all genders is a necessity and I appreciate the enforcement that requires universities to investigate, report, and address all issues associated with gender and sexual/physical harassment.  

No person, on the basis of sex, should be excluded from participation in, any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. The CleryAct – was enacted in 1990 to require all schools receiving federal monies to collect and publish information about crimes occurring on campus. The Clery Act applies only to institutions of higher education.

I gained better knowledge on TitleIX

While I am familiar with Title IX, I had not heard of VAWA before, and so this lesson has taught me the key differences between the two, as well as their individual importance.

Wow? Not sure where to start? I could go over this section again-a lot of Title IX info to process and stay abreast on. The Cleary act, purpose(es), protections and standards are all very important to campus life, structure and safety procedures. 

I have learned that all three Title IX, the Violence Against Women Act, and the Clery act are pieces of legislation in the United States that address issues related to gender based violence and campus safety. Furthermore, I learned VAWA specifically addresses domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking. The way to apply it at work is to always know who your Title IX representative is so that you may refer any possible misconduct to the school.

Sign In to comment