Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that FERPA has set requirements for online-only courses and that attendence is one of those. 

I learned that FERPA has a lot more underneath it than basic rules -- like the other Acts involved!

I agree with Judy's comment about anonymity in online discussions. If students cannot remain anonymous in a face-to-face class than they should not be able to do so in an online setting.

Many good information were covered in this Module, I learned even sharing information W/O permission is not accepted. 

safeguard against  information  bring accessed with out permission

I just wonder how FERPA addresses the protection and security of the confidential data from cyber attack. What the security requirements?

This section was very informative.

Institutions must take appropriate cautions while dealing with students and social media as to not violate student rights.

great learning opportunity for staff who works on the back-end of the institution when working with students.

It's amazing to know how many departments or entites are governed by FERPA. Didnt know how critical it was to have student housing facilities (whether the rent is paid directly by students or by the institution on their behalf) are subject to FERPA.

The importance of FERPA and enforcing FERPA. 

I have a better understanding of whether I can provide information to non-governmental organizations.

As critical as it is, it is imperative to post the following laws - HIPAA, the Solomon Amendment, the U.S. Patriot Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bailey Act and SEVIS on College bulletin board to support daily visitation of their significance by the School Community. Sometime, employees need this level of reminder in order to keep tabs with these laws and regulations.

New information-Solomon Amendment.

So much to think about as an educator.

Great to learn new information.

Challenges are greater with the increase in electronic communications and the pandemic quarantines, but protection of privacy is still imperative

Useful information about other laws and regulations around inforamtion security and privacy. Some interesting information on online students and classes.

online and virtual classes require security and protection, without written consent videos or classes cannot be posted to youtube. 

excellent training.

Sign In to comment