Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In this module, I have learned (reinforced my prior learning) about methods for promoting critical thinking (effective thinking) in our Associate of Applied Science program. It is readily apparent that some students (learners) easily process information and solve challenging problems using mental processes consistent with critical thinking. Sadly, in any cohort of our learners, there are those students who (as our module suggests) “resist” going into critical thinking mode. Some wish to remain at the recall level (as suggested in Bloom’s Taxonomy), not wishing to apply, translate, or analyze problems.  If I am to demonstrate learning of this concept, then I will also apply what I have learned.  I will do so by supporting quantitative research, simple bench studies, often replications, in order to develop analysis skills with my students.  

I have been conducting research training for several terms, focusing on learners during their final term of our program. At distance (1,500 miles away) I support and manage research projects that can be done with minimal financial cost, that are reasonably quick, and that do not require Institutional Review Board (IRB) oversight and approval.  The amazing outcomes of such research is that the principal researchers become the critical thinking “instructors” of their peers. It is interesting that some resistant learners can learn from a peer more easily than from an instructor or professor.  Finally, outcome measures suggest that such critically thought-out learning is rather enduring, another measure of learning, even to being applied in the clinical setting of health care after graduation.

I have learned the importance of Critical Thinking, how to challenge and engage the students to apply themselves so as to develop this important tool.

We consistently discuss that the technical skills we are learning will amass to about 15% whereas their soft skills will take up the remaining 85%. I took away from this to really continue to ask open ended questions, allowing students to find their own solutions. I'd also like to incorporate more group activities for role-playing activities to build upon these skills.

The teacher has to motivate the students so they  Evaluate and Analyze the real world

I learned about KWL charts, will hopefully be integrating into my classroom.

I learned that Critical Thinking is a learned skill that is necessary for the students to learn for the working environment and life. I will utilize this component in my classroom daily to get the students to master the skill and apply it in their daily life. 

To be open minded when teaching students. Teach students problems that will have real world impact.

Critical thinking and communications skill very important skill for students in the classroom. The more student use these tool the more it will help them in the outside world.

So far, I've learned the importance of critically thinking for students. It is crucial they start developing these skills as quickly as possible. 

One of the strategies I used in the classroom is using case studies that allows students use their critical thinking allowing them to solve the problem solving.  This motivates them to be creative, collaborating with other team members and coming to a decision that will resolve the problem presented.

Critical thinking is an important componenet that needs to be included in classroom assignments, discussions and projects. The more the students practice the skills the more efficient they will become with utilizing critical thinking skills and problem solving. 

critical thinking is key 

Critical thinking need to be incorporated into regular classroom discussions to cultivate the success of not only the students, but faculty, too. 

Critical thinking is an important aspect of the education of a student to prepare them for complex life situations and diverse jobs

Clear communication is the key to success in any organization

Critical thinking is an essential skill for all of our students. The more critical thinking I can incorporate on the daily the better my students will get at building that 'muscle' and be better prepared for the work force. 

Critical thinking is vital in our professional performance, identifying different situations, understanding the issues, and doing a plan to solve it timely. Developing critical thinking skills is a goal of our classes in preparing our students for employability.

This course has enhance my teaching skills in the area for creating a classroom full of critical thinkers. so they in turn can teach others and also meet the demand of the workplace.

Encouraging questioning and the why or why not behind actions can help develop critical thinking.

I've learned that critical thinking skills are essential in analyzing data to make critical decisions and that it is a necessary skill to be successful in any career.

Sign In to comment