Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is critical to have an open mind during discussions in the classroom.

Critical thinking involves the students to become more independent.

I have learned that I am on track with working with my students using Costa's Levels of Questioning. This is aligned with the concepts of Bloom. Teaching AVID for over 20 years has assisted in my usage of critical thinking lesson.

Open mindedness: putting aside assumptions and judgement

I have learned more about how to ask students more open-ended questions and how to allow ample time for students to respond. This time and opportunity allows for critical thinking and problem solving. Both essential employability skills. 

I have learned that verbal and nonverbal communication is so effective. It is key to avoiding miscommunication and building relationships with others. Without good communication in the workplace can lead to struggles. 

We need to encourage critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the classroom by encouraging collaboration, creativity, and adaptability.

in this course i learned that critical thinking skills is extreamly important for the children to learn not just in the class room but just for life in a nut shell. however as much as we can teach these skills student must have their own experiences to understand why the skill is important.

I enjoyed understanding that a true and cohesive learning environment includes the ability for the students to experience many type of learning soft skills. Many angles, on a subject help solidify the knowledge.  

Softskills need to be explicitly taught in the shop space, this is something that most shop teachers think is implicit. But if it is never acknowledged or made aware that students are learning about softskils the synthesis of this type of learning will not transpire.

Sign In to comment