Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Critical thinking can be taught and doesn't need to be a character trait already present in an individual.  It can be honed and developed over time if the skill is possessed.  It is a manner of thinking that can open a vast array of possibilities to the individual who chooses to incorporate them.

Additional information to get the students to criticality think about what they are trying to learn.

Critical Thnking and Problem Solving come from experience

Comment on Alberto Vasquez's post: I agree and I am also excited to utilize the Silent Poster at my campus. This was something I had never heard of previously and really seems rewarding. 

The value and importance of student to students to help in making appropriate decisions

I'm finding over the years that especially today's students, often lack some degree of analytical thinking as they want the answers the easy way. Thinking things through seems to not a priority. I do try to get them to think their way through a problem/question. 

It is satisfying when they start to get it and the dominoes start to fall. 

be open minded.

I actually obtained some ideas for activity in the class room that can be useful. I am always looking for ways to reinforce critical thinking in the PN student classroom.

Critical thinking is difficult to teach

Critical thinking and problem solving are essential to make good progress in the daily live and in the real word. Problem solving related with evaluate the learning material is is a superior and valuable skill.  

The importance of critical thinking as always been and will remain a critical function in the learning process. It is a learning experience for me. 

The definition of critical thinking requires objective data.  Willingness to new ideas and having an open mind is the precursor to obtaining good objective data.  The direct application of this skill set in the work force is invaluable.  We train future professionals to think for themselves and adapt.  

I learned that I have to be mindful to incorporate softer skills into my curriculum, but also make students aware of the value of not just learning but also practicing and mastering these skills in order to be successful in the workplace.

I have learned to inspire learners to think more critical.  I am an automotive teacher and teaching procedures are a huge part of my class.  If a part has to be replaced, there is a procedure.  If a car needs to be diagnosed, there is a procedure.  I will remind my students that there is the procedural way to work on cars but that doesn't mean they can't come up with a new and inventive way to complete the task.  This may help them to move away from repairing cars to designing or engineering them, instead.

what I learned from the module Critical thinking is that when A students studies a particular material if they use the skills to ask questions on that material like what I have learned then its easy to remember the important facts.  Its an essential skill in work place.

what I learned from the module Critical thinking is that when A students studies a particular material if they use the skills to ask questions on that material like what I have learned then its easy to remember the important facts.  Its an essential skill in work place.

The verbal and written communication module is an important discussion. To work effectively a student needs to be efficient in communication.  Written communication are legal document , students should know.

Critical thinking and communication are two very important skills for my students to develop in the classroom. Creating a learning environment where students feel comfortable thinking through a solution and discussing their thought processes is an excellent way to help students engage in the learning process and develop their critical thinking skills. 

I agree that students need critical thinking skills in order to be successful.  Using these skills in the classroom takes practice.

Critical thinking is extremely important for students to learn and carry those skills on to the workforce.  I like the silent poster and build silent poster board - conversation idea for my quieter students. 

Sign In to comment