Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Critical Thinking enhances the students sound judgements, which is very important component for students that will be taking the NCLEX-RN exams.

In summary, students that are good in critical thinking tend to be more successful in job environment. 

Student that uses critical thinking will become succesfull in the workforce.

Working in cte I think softskills are very important to teach students because it is something that can easily be overlooked.

Students do this often for their personal lives and captalizing on this might make them more aware of how often they already do this. Bringing it to the classroom with this relevance may make them more motivated to use it with classroom topics of career readiness.

This course has been a great source of information. I love how it has broken down the key point and given clear and concessive examples to implement. As a welding instructor it is so critical for my students to have strong critical thinking skills, the ability to implement them and the confidence to utilize this skill for their own safety and the safety of others. I am so looking forward to utilizing the “What I Know,” “What I Want to Know,” and “What I Learned.” in the classroom at the start of each new training Modula. I am also going to start implementing this with my own children. I'm a very big critical thinker and until now I did not realize how much of my workday when I was activity in the field performing welding applications was actual critical thinking.  

Critical thinking is a skill that should be valued in the classroom, in the workforce, and in the everyday life of the student. Encouraging students to share their points of view and to have discussions on content will help them learn to articulate their points and to see beyond their own limited scope. A large part of this is learning how to ask good questions and to be open-minded when hearing responses. 

At this reflection point in the course, I am gravitating towards the IDEALS framework as a teaching strategy for building/strengthening critical thinking skills in my students.  I serve as faculty and program chair for a community college early childhood education program, and am tasked with designing program components that marry the art of science of career readiness for our graduates while respecting that many of our students "after the fact"...that is to say that they have been working in early childhood prior to enrolling in our program.  IDEALS might be a great way to meet my students where they are at as they build knowledge in the field and learn how to use it more effectively.

Critical thinking and peer to peer are important for making the right decision for the now and the future. Also a lot more hands on and drawings for the classroom to help grasp the concept of what we are teaching.

This module revealed the importance of encouraging critical thinking in a learning environment. Students will be regularly presented new information and required to show understanding. As an instructor, it is my responsibility to use different tools to help students learn to think critically.

Employees need to have good critical thinking skills to be successful in the workplace.  Real life application and connections help learners improve these skills.  IDEALS was an awesome tool presented to work on problem solving.  

While Critical thinking was the main theme of the module, i enjoyed the tools described to improve critical thinking

It is very important as an Instructor to assist our postsecondary students to integrate Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills in their training for a job. The relevance of Critical Thinking in present days is high because employers seek future employees able to make sound decisions and solutions for daily problems at the workplace and outside it.

Critical thinking may be a useful tool in solving complex problems by developing 1 or more solutions to a problem.

Critical thinking is often used where it is not needed.

Don't allow critical thinking to lead to over thinking,

I learned about the relevance of Critical thinking skills, and how important it is to teach students how to develop them.

I also learned about exercises to develop these skills in students that have different personality traits, such as introverts.

Most likely I will use the exercise that divides the classroom into three sections to discuss a topic; I felt this is the one that applies to the subject matter that I currently teach

With quick answers at the fingertips of each of our students via Uncle Google, it is crucial that we dedicate enormous effort and time to encourage the development of critical thinking in our classrooms. 

Whenever you can, try to take emotion out of the choice and follow the data.

Comment on Todd Johnson's post: I practice critical thinking with my students when I teach them how to use the learned information and play with it to find the correct answer in a clinical question.

Sign In to comment