Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's important to be direct with co-workers so that you may understand each other's perpecive in order to work and communcate effectively. 

Dealing with Difficult Interactions means interacting with others in a tactful and effective manner when faced with a sensitive or tense situation in order to preserve productive working relationships; the goal should always be to ensure professional and effective interactions.

It is critical to be able to face and handle conflict, as it is a natural part of any work team.

I have always believed that any problem can be resolved if we do not waste our time on the problem, but seek a solution.  Dealing with peoples emotions is difficult because we most likely do not take the time to understand and or deal with personal feelings that may be creating a barrier that leads to the solution. 

This course has helped me learn mew strategies and how I can implement them in my current and future work environments. I really enjoyed learning about the techniques under the section Manage Conflict Between Employees. As a team member it is very important to learn how to resolve problems with other team members without having a manager intervene. 

I really like the advice of determining whether something is even worth addressing, and to weigh the reward to the cost.

I appreciate that these concepts are overall very simple processes in terms of not having a ton of paperwork and 12 steps and check off points.  I have worked at too many toxic offices where these types of concerns were never addressed and it is shocking how easy the process should have been to understake but it was not.  Thank you for this course!

Instead of being the "motherly one" all the time, it's better to let the parties involved work things out when possible. Of course, if there is a threat or potential for violence, alert the appropriate people.

Understanding.

When in a conflict with a co-worker it is always important to recognize the mutual goals and objectives that you share with the other person.

I've learned that people need to talk things out for themselves to solve issues. I've also learned that when I have self-doubt about my abilities, I can list my qualities to boost my self-esteem.

After, I reviewed the course section on "Barriers to Addressing Conflict & Recommended Responses" I felt empowered to set aside barriers such as "fear" that have prevented me from focusing on the positive outcomes of addressing a dispute. 

Get involved as soon as possible 

This is a difficult topic due to how everyone's perspective can be different in any situations. This was great information about hadling conflict, or letting it go; depending on the situation. Another great class.

Work on all relationships.  Some solutions will come without your assistance

ut this topic and how you int

The techniques covered in this training (specifically listening skills and changing your own behavior) were particularly helpful.

Best to keep calm, understand the issues, and try to diffuse as much as possible....this leads to better dialogue in resolving the conflicts.

When you see an issue arise, address it and allow the team to figure out the solution.

The importance of the language you use in your work

Sign In to comment