Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Negotiation Skills | Origin: ML121

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Negotiation Skills

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Any negotiation can be challenging, but the right method can help reach a deal. I have learnt several new ways to seal agreements from this course.

I enjoyed learning more about negotiation and how to frame it.    Very helpful information and I look forward to using it.

I learned that it is important to be firm when negotiating.

I learned that asking questions of the other party can assist in negotiations while also adding value to your proposition. 

Negotiation is an art form that can be practiced over time. Remembering the different steps with be a challenge; However, looking forward to using these skills. 

I have learned to be prepared, identify my BATNA, control my emotions and know when to walk away if there is a stalemate, deadlock, communication breakdown or no done of possible agreement. 

Negotiating is an art, but it can be learned. 

Many good recommendations for helping you prepare better for negotiations. Manage emotions. Stop escalation, recognize built-in biases and have back up plans.

Being prepared is key 

Knowing what do you expect as result give you better options to success

Learn something new to gain more knowledge in my field. 

Knowing about proper ways to negotiate can take you a long ways.

Dont negotiate without being prepared, do your homework. Create a win /win situation. 

To negotiate , you have to learn many factors, such as tactics, strategies and follow the recommended instructions.

Sign In to comment