Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Persuasion Skills | Origin: ML119

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Persuasion Skills 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Es importante la confianza

In order to be a good persuader, one has to know how to build credibility with his/her audience, win their hearts and minds, control his/her emotions and appeal to common sense, be skillful in overcoming resistance, and how to apply the Power of audience self-persuasion.

In order to persuade, you must build your credability with your audience. 

I learned that asking rhetorical questions is an example of active listening.

I have learned general techniques that will help me in public speaking situations.  I have also learned methods of persuasion.

I will try to use a slow pace when I talk with more pauses to attracy attention.

Also, I would avoid lecturing when I notice a sign such as boredom from the audiences.

I learned all the diffirent kind of styles of persuading and making sure that what ever persuation style was choosen it really depends on the audience that you are using it for. 

This course has helped in the department of speaking with confidence and body movement.

This course has helpedme understand how to influence others in the decision making process.

The power of persuasion is a powerful tool, use it. Always take time to assess your audience and adjust yourself as necessary. 

Include in each closing the question of "how else may we/I help"?

To be a good persuador, a person has to know how to build credibility with his/her audience, win their hearts and minds, control his/her emotions and appeal to common sense, be skillful in overcoming resistance, and know how to apply the power of persuasion.

Very comprehensive session. Definitely important to choose  which persuasion triggers to activate in order to win hearts and minds.

I learned to be a good persuader you must choose the best persusion stratgies depending on the situation/audience. 

The art of persuasion was very informative with lots of examples how to understand the concepts and be able to adapt them to my own proposals needing persuasion of team members and outsiders to believe my point of view and solutions

This was a great course for professional development and I learned a lot about how to bring my ideas to fruition in the face of adversity, or even when people may already be on my side. As an Education Director it is my job to keep up with changes, trends, and the industry in order to make necessary adjustments to our curriculum or processes. When I have an idea that I have researched and fully believe in, I need tools in order to get Senior Managment to agree with, back, and approve my ideas. Not only that but my team of campus managers will need to buy-in to get the rest of the staff in the company on board and in agreement as well. I like the 8 types of persuasion techniques to fall back on as well as the information into the types of decision makers there are and what the triggers are for those people. 

I've learned different strategies for communicating for differing levels of receptivity. 

Persuasion can be very effective in teaching.

I've learned that there are many different ways to persuade someone or a group.

I believe the best thing I learned was how to realize the reason why I have been asked to give the presentation. 

To get all the information and data required before [resenting.  Know who will be involved in the decision making

and what they look for. 

Sign In to comment