Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Anything to get students involved.

I found the componentsa of rubics important. Also the criteria to be used in a rubics was good information.

Rubrics allow for rich collaborations between student and instructors.

I have learned how important 'Learner Centered' assessment is. 

This module helped me understand the different components of rubrics. 

The most interesting part of this module was the mistakes in rubrics during the designing. This implies planning and laying ground work for rubrics is very important.

Doing self and peer assessments is a great practice!

I am going to look into student led rubrics!

Rubrics helps evaluate reponse in objuective way.  

With rubrics you can assess students' work accurately and consistently whether as a performance, process, or product.

When creating rubrics do not add to many objectives. There are different components to a rubric and are essential to assessing students progress.

It is imperative to create rubrics that are focused on student learning and course objectives. 

Make sure the rubric measures what you want them to measure and that you use the appropriate type for the assignment. In addition, create assignments that allow for more complex thinking and problem-solving, and allow students to use these rubrics to self-reflect and to help their classmates.

Rubrics provide an opportunity for reflection. Self- and peer-assessments provide a good opportunity for learning.

Students not only lean from the lesson snd assignments . They can learn from an instructor critiquing their preformance , student discussion ,groups and assessing themselves.

The most important part of developing rubrics is to plan carefully and spend sufficient time developing them.

I chose this class because I wanted to learn more about Rubric's. So far, there has been A Lot of Great information. In this class module, I learned about the mistakes people make in creating a course rubric. A rubric needs to be well though out and planned.  It can't be done; "whip up something." The rubric shouldn't have too much criteria in it either.  Too much criteria only confuses students.

Rubrics should have 4-8 components. 

Rubrics can have too many componets. They also can help with self and peer assesments. Students will become more aware of things when using the rubrics.

Rubrics are an important part of the class and should be carefully thought out when assigning rubrics.

Failure to spend too much time in the development of a rubric can result in a misleading guide. Likewise, putting too much criteria on a rubric can be misleading to both a student and an instructor. I have learnt to avoid making such mistakes from this topic. 

Sign In to comment