Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Is there a way you can try it out on an interactive board, Andre? It would be interesting to see how much your work with students would be enhanced with the technology.

The White Board can heighten interaction with students by allowing them the ability to enter comments on lessons being taught and allow their ideas to be exchanged with other students.

its all about the interaction with students and instructor and the collaboration between the students.

Have you had specific experiences with the interactive white board, Brandon? While this is not new to classrooms, its full potential is usually not met. Often the board is used in a two-dimensional way to project static material rather than maximizing its three-dimensional capability. What are your thoughts on that?

I think that the use of a interactive whiteboard in teaching will increased my students participation tremendously. The students can feel that they are a big part the the teaching and the learning of a new concept.

No we have not yet to use it. There is talk about them with the new material we will be presenting, so I have been researching them.

...and also contribute to the content of the course as they customize their learning. Good points, Brandon.

What have you concluded from your research into this technology, Brandon? Do you see positive uses and applications of the technology in the teaching and learning process?

This is going to be great and a great benefit to everybody.

Can you be more specific, Brandon, as to why you think this way? Can you think of some ways in which your own class would benefit?

I agree Jessie. The more active and engaged the students are the more likely their chance of sucess is.

So how do you engage students by using the interactive white board, Thomas? do you find it an effective technology?

The White Board is a great tool. It lets my students see different Ideas. I must say the use of different colors is great use to. It lets the eye be drawn to the different topics.
It also lets my students come up and be apart of the class.

Simpley getting students up out of their seats is a good part of the effectiveness of the interactive whiteboard.

Ha! Good point, Benson. Literal interactivity should not be underestimated! Do you have an example of how you achieve this?

This is wonderful feedback, James. I would love to hear more specifics about how you integrate the technology into your teaching design.

Feed back is the key word,they want to be of the discussions.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, Allen. Are you addressing the students or teachers or both? Please expand your response...

I have also found using the white board helps to get my point(s) across.
I like to draw and I use it to illustrate many different aspects that I am trying to get them to understand.
I teach primarily electrical courses and I use the board to help them understand how to use their meters to take electrcal measurments.

Thank you, Donald, for your description of the uses of the interactive white board with students. Have you found the capture and distribution capabilities beneficial?

Sign In to comment