Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I used the matching notecard activity in my class yesterda, and it went really well. I will use it again.

I like the matching game. I like doing it as individuals then creating teams to increase their speed and understanding if a person is struggle the team can help to create understanding.

Not all students thrive in groups and have some fear or anxiety around large groups of people they are unfamiliar with. Alternating between fun group and individual work helps the students thrive in the classroom.

I think the everybody will love the matching game also  puzzles would be fun .

These activities will help make learning fun. I plan to implement them in my class.

Mystery week term exercise is very similar to the trivia games played at sports bars where participants score more points when they answer the question with the fewest clues. If the software is available the program, individuals could vie for the highest score (like the sports bar, minus the beer!) but groups could also try for top score.

The crossword puzzles could be used for reinforcement of learning.

I can not wait to implement some of these activities into the classroom! 

Wow. Cross words, puzzles and matching games are all great tips to make the learning more interesting and interactive. 

I had this experience for my class and it was perfect

I like the match game, as I believe it helps with retention, in that cognitive function is increased by trying to remember the placement of the cards as well as the match up, which I feel cements the retention of the meaning. 

I like and have used the crosswords and word finds before for individual activities. I like using the matching game idea for a class activity as well. 

Comment on Sandra Byrnes's post: I also like the crossword puzzles and will research how to develop them. I think that would be a good tool for reviewing new words and definitions. 

I currently use the crossword puzzle and word search and th students have enjoyed them.

Crossword puzzels I can keep the students busy if I need to take time to help/teach others with something else.

Good system to retain information and to enjoy the learning process.

will use matching/concentration game

Sign In to comment