Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are multiple means to make LMS accessible for the student with a disability. 

Learning Management Systems are great for online learning and it is essential that we provide access to our disabled population can be included in these great technologies.

A lot of this section's content was a recap for me, but it's always nice to know you're on the right track industry standard-wise! I hadn't considered, however, ensuring computers' operating systems need to be accessible as well. It's certainly something I'd like to look into since my students use both their own and campus devices.

Our instituion has many different software programs that we are free to use within our classroom setting.  They offer internal education and if not the vendor has given us access to learn how to incorporate it into the classroom.  It is helpful and allows diversity in the classroom so students stay alert and involved. 

Accesability to required technology to complete courses/lessons.

Remark: 

Special attention for easy use of technology for disabled students and its availability for international students.

how to think of all categories of students 

Learning disabliities need to be high on my list when designing the content for a class. Section508.gov sounds like a great site to look at soon. 

Online education helps people with disabilities to have access to learning tools anytime. 

Online learning allows everyone including those with disability's to explore the world inhancing the educational experience.

Make sure all students including disabled need equal access to all material.

Due to the fact that students use technology on a daily basis, technology is crucial for student learning and it’s imperative that the instructors maximize this opportunity.

Working with ICT and digital resources is now a necessary skill for teachers, since it allows them to understand, select and adapt the tools so that their students achieve the competencies planned in their courses.

Students can carry out collaborative work to build knowledge, and technology facilitates the development of students' skills.

I use moodle at the school I work at as a lms. I also use Camtasia to make instruction videos for my mechanical Drawing class that the students can review on moodle anytime.

Using narrated videos can be beneficial to all students.

Techniques that insure that people with disabilities have the same experience and advantages as people without.

All students need to be taken into consideration when implementing technology or new learning materials in general.  

Sign In to comment