Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I do belong to an organization related to my field. The organization provides you with new and updated research in the field. I also work in the field that I teach, and am continuously using the knowledge I gain there to implement in the classroom. Keeping updated on new techniques and information is essential in teaching in a tech program like the one I teach.

Yes I do. It keeps me up to date of all the new teaching strategies for math and what new materials are available for use in the classroom. It gives you ways to teach students with real word and relevancy in

I am an IGDA member, which has provided excellent networking and education opportunities. I encourage my students to enroll in organizations to gain access to these advantages as well.

I belong to several groups in my field on LinkedIn. I review the articles that my colleagues post which allows me to stay abreast of the latest trends.

Yes! I belong to two. I enjoy 1) the updates on what is happening (legislatively) in our professional organization; 2) updates/theories on pedagogy in the classroom, especially as it relates to varying student populations; 3) innovative lesson plans which are included with each journal; and 4) opportunities to collaborate with my peers.

I agree. I, too, am nationally board certified and would love to attend the wonderful workshops offered at their annual meetings. However, they are cost prohibitive when considering not only the fees to attend, but also the cost of transportation and lodging. They ARE tax-deductible, which I suppose helps a bit, but not much when I have to front the full funds.

Professional organizations are very important to getting a foot in the door of a preferred organization you would like to work for. I encourage students to join professional organizations early in their academic programs because thy create great networking opportunities.

I am presently not affiliated with any professional organizations as being a member is very expensive and I ma not sure if I will get reimbursed. So I need to ask my college if they can pay for my professional organization membership.

I do belong to my professional organization and the resourses that are available to me are fantastic. We have now found that their are student rates available for this organization and now have the students also belong to the organization which also allows them to have this as a resourse

Professional organizations regularly make published materials available to members and often encourage them to share with students. I have also found that most professional organizations have social media or web-based content that can be shared with students.

I belong to American Culinary Federation and Eta Sigma Delta international honors society.

I belong to the ACF and Chaine Rotisseur which are both culinary organizations which greatly help with networking and knowledge of new trends in the industry that we can pass along to the students. I feel these types of organizations are very helpful in getting the students on the road to a career because i can call a chef that i know through one of these organizations and aid them in deciding whether a student is a right fit for them in their restaurant or not.

Our school has a very strict copyright policy. We also have own curriculum department.

No, I currently do not. I do believe however it can keep you up to date in your filed.

I am currently associated with an organization that is related to my field except I don't really see to many benefits. They have meetings & conferences except many take place in another state or they occur during a time when I'm not available in a city that's a bit far away. It's mostly there to say you belong to or are a member of that organization.

I am a member of several National professional organizations and they do benifit me professionally, but as the trend is nowadays, most of the interactions are done Online. We do have yearly seminars that we can go and participate and yearly trade shows that showcases the industry trends and up and comming products.
There are also some good benifits that comes from being certified in several different classes of experiances.

I strongly encourage all faculty to belong to professional organizations. I currently belong to AERA. This is an excellent opportunity to network, exchange best practices and attend conferences.

I agree. It is so important for faculty to stay current in their field of study.

I do not currently belong to and groups. I have recently began teaching after working for many years in the field and I am teach now. I think the benefit is in staying current with the technology in my field as it is in power generation and green energy and the field is very dynamic.

I currently hold a couple of certifications from organizations related to the field I teach in, and belong to an organization that directly links to my field. The main benefit I have gained for my affiliation is the knowledge of more experienced people in the field. Being able to connect with people that have similar interests and being able to find out what has and has not worked for them has been a great benefit.

Sign In to comment