Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I currently belong to three of the four major organizations in my field. It is great and keeps me updated!

Yes I currently belong to the AMTA (American Mass age Therapy Association), I have my insurance through them and all of my continuing education credits are offered with this organization. I keep updated with all of the new masssage techniques through their newsletter as well. This organization has great benefits to me in my field.

I, and all of our instructors, do currently belong to an organization that requires testing on a 5 year schedule. Tests must be passed in order to maintain membership. The benefit for us and our students is being updated with new material. The challenge for our instructors is remaining current.

I am currently involved with several professional organizations. I think being involved will help keep you in the informed and up to date on various topics in your field of study. Sometimes you also can gain access to different websites or online seminars that are free

The only thing I can thing of is ASE Certification. That is and organization that performs test on automotive and other training. We are required to be ASE certified to instruct the course we teach.

Yes I do belong to two different professional organizations in my field. Networking is probably the biggest benefit. Educational benefits are also high!

I belong to the National Business Ed Association and my employer pays for it. The biggest benefit I have is being able to look into many resources and business journals, as well as, getting discounts on insurance and rental cars.

Kerri ,

Scholarship opportunities as well as the fantastic conventions are just a couple of the advantages of NBEA membership. The discounts on travel are a great added perk as well!

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

I belong to the American Dental Hygienists Association which continues to keep its members abreast of political and scientific changes in the field. With evidence-based research continually mounting/changing it is imperative for the health of our patients to stay up-to-date.

Robin ,

Fantastic! It is my understanding the organization offers free online courses for members, which is a valuable benefit!

Theresa Schmitt

I find the organizations I belong to essential. They keep me informed of the current best practices industry wide and are a great source for student jobs and contemporary issues in their fields.

I teach culinary arts and am a member of the American Culinary Federation. the Chef association provide insight for job openings and share information about new trends through emails and magazines.

I belong to three organizations in my field, and the benefits are pretty good:

a. FREE CE for organization-sponsored continuing education courses
b. opportunities to attend member-only events on the forefront of changes in our field
c. access to resources that can be used in the classroom

I currently belong to two professional organizations related to licenses/certifications that I hold. I am not currently practicing those professions, but wish to maintain my credentials. One organization is the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, and I can earn CEs on their website due to my membership. I can also read articles related to the latest advancements in the field.

I am a member of several professional organizations and almost all of them correspond to certifications that I hold in my field of study. I encourage my students to become members as well. This allows me to keep up the the latest information in that field, network, and earn CEUs that are crucial to maintaining my credentials.

Ruth Ann,

Promoting networks to our students is critical to their future success and staying abreast of emerging technology and trends in the field.

Thanks for the share!

Theresa Schmitt

Yes, I belong to three professional organizations related to my field. There are many benefits including staying abreast with the latest technological advances and trends in the industry, networking, continuing education credits, discount on annual conferences, receive periodic journals, free webinars, on-line discussion forums. In addition, I receive discounts on "non-industry" items such as insurance (car, life, home and disability) and car rental.
Although some of the fees are expensive and not reimbursed by my employers, it pays off in the long run.

I currently belong to the American Sociologoical Association and am in a section related to my research on consumers and consumption. I receive valuable critiques from my peers when I present my data and rely on this critique to revise and revisit some of my own research.

I belong to ASCD. It is a great resource for webinars and professional materials. In addition, as a member, you have access to new and archived journal articles and webinars. There are some fantastic webinars on brain research and learning. Some of the information and webinars can be accessed even if you are not a member.

I think it is important to belong to an organization related to your field of instruction. It changes your perspective on how the world works and one can teach outside of what is mentioned in the textbook.

Sign In to comment