Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When dealing with stress in my life I try to deal with the situation at the time. when it seems to be too much I have a few colleagues that I trust to talk it thorugh and they give me ideas on how to handle it. i also confide in my family at home and seek their advice. Theses seem to help me and i will continue to work out stress in this way.

Breathing exercises when stressed as well as increasing an exercise routine.

I will be more out spoken to my fellow workers to help me cope with the streeors in my life.

I prop my feet up and listen to classical

I am very guilty of using negative coping mechanisms, caffeine and nicotine have been a mainstay. These items will be replaced with exercise and physical activity, as well as eating properly

To better cope with my stress, I need to exercise when I have time and my diet needs to be better. I find myself drinking a lot of coffee to stay awake and I don't drink enough water. I need to change that and prioritize my time better too!

When I am stressed about something it is very hard for me to let it go. I am constantly thinking about the stressor and getting more and more worked up until I can deal with the situation, whether it is a student or an employee. I have learned that using breathing exercises when I am trying to fall asleep at night helps significantly. I fall asleep much quicker and tend to not toss and turn all night.

I will try to focus more on exercising & breathing techniques.

Charlene, It sounds like you know what you need to do in order to better cope with stress. Now it's time to implement some of this thinking. I might recommend gradually starting to cut back on the coffee. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Dr. Melissa Read

Yvette, That sounds very relaxing to me. Note that different kinds of music work well for different kinds of people. Classical can be peaceful or stressful depending on the composer.

Dr. Melissa Read

Jessalyn, That sounds like a great plan. Sometimes easier said than done however. I might recommend focusing on these two things first thing each morning. You can start with just weekdays. That might be a nice way to make sure tasks are accomplished.

Dr. Melissa Read

Carrie, It sounds like you have found a productive and healthy coping mechanism to count on for the most stressful days. I like how one coping mechanism, breathing exercises, leads to another, sleep! Both have tremendous benefits.

Dr. Melissa Read

I exercise to relieve my stress and plan to continue with that coping mechanism.

I find that in the immediate future, walking away for a short time allows me to refocus and attack problems more effectively. Breathing exercises are also effective when I cannot take the time to walk away briefly. Long term, exercise works well. Making the time and getting the energy initially however can prove to be a challenge, but once I get going, it is very effective.

I learn to cope with stress by exercising and talking to people about different topics. There are some stressors that I have no control over but I adjust well to the minor ones.

Nicholas, It sounds like you have a healthy approach in place. Great to hear. Yes, there are some stressors that we really do have to let go of because we have zero control over them.

Dr. Melissa Read

Coping with stress should be a healthy decision. You should stay away fromt hings that may cause you to feel more anxious or depressed. Do things that will cause your body to feel good like exercising, eating the right food, find a hobby that makes you laugh and enjoy the day more....

I try to find my "zen" place, and mentally and physically relax a few times a day.

Joseph, You are right. There are so many different outlets to explore. The right outlet for us depends on our own interests and can sometimes take time to find.

Dr. Melissa Read

I get stressed a little when I hear I'll be watched as I instruct to do the yearly 'watch' of teachers to make sure they are doing well. I know I am, it just a added stressor. I try not to think about them coming in because I know I'm already a great teacher, and do my 'thing'.

Sign In to comment