Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I will take time out of my busy schedule to go for a walk, workout, or just talk to someone and let off some steam

Wow, swimming after work sounds great Kent. I know a lot of instructors who find a pool or exercise facility close to their school for that very reason. You can also go before work or during your lunch break!

I agree I try to walk or just move around

That's a great approach Janice. Even just stretching at your desk can make a big difference on the way you feel.

I cannot eliminate my fairly long commute to work. I can, however, drive in early when the volume is lower, and arrange my daily work accordingly.

Share more to relieve that stress as well as get more sleep and more exercise.

Great plan Carlos. Sharing, sleeping and exercise are all great coping mechanisms. Even concentrating on just one out of the three can make a big difference.

I have always enjoyed exercising, however, with bad knees I had to put it on hold. Now I do not have an excuse b/c I have 2 new knees so it is a matter of getting back into the routine of what I love to do. I feel more energized and a lot less stressed after exercising.

Interesting Suzanne. For people who have bad knees, swimming can work great. It's low impact. Chair exercises work too. Even if you have two new knees, it's good to take it easy.

Stress has always been a part of my life especially in the field where i work. one coping mechanism i need to change is to stop or reduce my smoking. i know there are so many ways to relieve stress and i am trying my best to follow them. i must get over my smoking habits and try to exercise and share my thoughts with others. hopefully soon i will be able to live a stress free lifestyle and if not change my ways of coping in a positive and healthy way.

Sounds like a tough challenge Joseph. For many smokers, quitting is one of the hardest goals to achieve. However, I like that you are talking about it. That's a great first step in the right direction.

I'm happy to have read that some things I have been doing to help relieve stress are what this module recommends. Exercises and sharing with close friends or family has helped me so far. I'm going to also try adding the stretching for a few minutes during breaks as well.

i know, hopefully i will be able to resist my urge to smoke. i will try to do the healthy stress managements that was discuss.

It's tough Joseph. Take it one day at a time. Just focus on the present.

I go mto the gym. I spend as much time there as I can. the rest of my time is spent with my familily and studying.

Sounds like a good approach Ward. Also sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

Actually my coping mechanism for dealing with stress in some form of exercise. Whether it be 45 minutes of intense cardio and relaxing yoga/pilates it releases the tension.

That sounds like a wonderful outlet Carla. I really like how you incorporate both high and low impact exercise activities. Variety is often the key.

I think one thing I can do to help me "cope" with stress in my life is to eat right, get enough sleep, and try to exercise. Turning the television off (as suggested in the course) at night is one big change I can make. I can also consider taking the stairs at work or parking my car at the far end of lot...these little changes might create big results.

Will try to exercise more (am member of a health club) and "count to ten" more often when events upset me.

Sign In to comment