Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Sleep is very important for our bodies for several reasons. Our bodies repair and restore themselves so we have the abilities to manage another day. If we don't allow for consolidated sleep, we will lose the ability to produce quality work. You can only demand from your body what it has to give.

I have a long list of healthy coping practices that I don't use. One, for example, would be a workout two or three times a week. There's even a small gym in our office park that we're offered access to. I have used it in the past but not in the last four years or so. Why not? What prevents my taking advantage of such a wonderful and apparently convenient resource?

I have another set of seven exercises to be done in small office space. I used those, too, for a while, and then let them slide.

I think the first thing I need to do is look at my list of options and make some serious choices about reintegrating some into my life. I plan to analyze the ones I've used well in the past to see if I can enhance the pleasure and satisfaction and reduce the detracting elements.

The second thing I will do, having decided on which practices should most easily fit back into my life, is deliberately schedule them!

John, Sometimes as we mature, we gain new perspective and priorities. This changes the way we experience stress and often relieves us of the pressure we experience because of it.

Dr. Melissa Read

All true. You have to have a healthly mind and body to take on the big stress monster.

While at work, I will try some breathing exercises to help me calm down and focus. I have practiced yoga in the past and I miss it.

I will also try to get more exercise to help reduce stress. With having young children at home, this can be difficult. But I am trying to find ways to include them. Right now because the kids are on summer break from school, my friend and I take all the kids for a long walk twice a week on a trail near our houses.

My biggest stressor is the drive to and from work. I might look for a different route to take or just try to not let it bother me as much.

I grant my self the power to change what I can and to deal with the things that I cannot. When faced with outside stressors, I ask myself, how important is this in my life. For example, getting upset over someone cuttig me off on the drive into work.

Often times I choose to not waste valuable "living" time on other peoples issues or imposed stressors. They are not mine and I do not take ownership of them.

I have lost many family and friends, and realize that our time is fleeting. We need to make the most of it and enjoy it

Sign In to comment