Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think that i will take my wifes advice. She loves to work out when she gets stressed. I guess that is a good place to start.

I hope to increase time for myself. I want to add a daily exercise routine and downtime for myself to unwind and feel stonger both physically and mentally. I think time to relax along with time for exercise would do wonders to my stress tolerance and elimination of many stress factors.

Yes, that's a great place to start Brent. You might even try working out with her as a first step back into exercise. It's great to have a partner to motivate you to keep moving!

Sounds like you have found several coping mechanisms that all work well Michael. That's great to hear! It's nice to have a range to turn to. This way, if one thing isn't working on a particular day, you can turn to another.

I will take the time to look at the big picture take a breath and approach things with an open mind

Indeed it will Linda. Exercise helps both our mind and our body. Don't be afraid to jump in but start slow. You can ease your way into a great routine in no time.

For stressors that I cannot reduce or eliminate, I practice distance, sharing, and getting massages to help refocus. However, massages get expensive. Hiking is the next alternative.

Sounds like you have a wonderful range of coping mechanisms Linda. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to have this kind of range so when one doesn't work or is too expensive, we move on to another.

From this module I have learned that I need to talk about my stresses more. I am very private and tend to keep things to myself, I have a few friends that I can share my stresses with and I know they will help me to reduce or eliminate them also together. If that doesn't work I can always go back to some of the various physically sports I use to do and enjoy.

stress is a big factor very important to reduce

writing a to do list eliminates stress

talking to people about the stress.

Yes, a to do list at least get stress down on paper and out of your mind. It helps you also come up with a good plan of action for attacking tasks.

Glad to hear you will try some new coping mechanisms Ricky. Yes, talking things out really can help when you have a few trusted friends you can rely on. Do explore the alternatives as well when friends aren't available to listen.

We all need to exercise more. Fitting it in in our schedules, especially if we work two jobs is tough. Weekends are good, Sunday evenings.

I can greatly reduce the stress in some areas that will make me feel better, instesd of eating or getting angry!

Good to hear Diane. Yes, eating or getting angry are two coping mechanisms - they just aren't the most healthy ones! Trying to find other avenues to unwind can be productive.

Yes, even if you can just go 2 days a week, it's a great start Carl. Note that even with a busy schedule, taking a 15 minute walk around campus can be a great way to get out there and do something small.

When dealing with stress I like to exercise.
I have found the most benificial exercise is the one I enjoy the most. Currently I am TDY near a beach so I like to walk and swim after work.
At home I like to go on long bike rides.

I recently joined a gym and have generated a routine to go three times a week, it has helped me tension and it has also helped me cope with work stress

Sign In to comment