Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would like to say that from this learning that I can use the documentation to help me organize my schedule. The use of the Outlook Calendar has been helping with the day to day tasks and appointments. I just need to keep the to due list up to date and flagged projects to a minimum.

Task prioritization is very important. I believe people should know if they are a procrastinator or not. This will help to know how to prioritize their life.
Be truthful with yourself and manange accordingly.
Having task in order always make for a smoother classroom.

This task prioritization is very helpful. I will do most urgent tasks first, depending on the time needed to accomplish this task. I also like to set aside 30 min at the beginning of each day to check emails or return one call, to free up my mind for the more urgent task at hand.

Yes indeed, this course has helped me to be able to look at tasks realistically and streamline them in a prioritize manner. I will not procrastinate, I will act promptly to address the urgency of the task and set aside the appropriate time to address the task effectively and proficiently. I must say I do procrastinate a little, but by going through this course; surely I will change my overall attitude when it comes to getting a task done. I am enjoying the course.

I try and take care of tasks based on the time available, and the urgency of the tasks. The anaology that i learned a few years ago was thinking of tasks as rocks of varying sizes from boulders down to sand; my time is a big container, if i put the biggest rocks in first and work my way down in size and can get them all into the container the sand will fill in the gaps.

it works some times, and the trick is not to let the rocks grow in size, knowing how "big" the rock really is, not only for me but for everyone involved.

so in answer to the quuestion I get on it based on the urgency, and the time avaialable.

I do not procrastinate items of importance. However, tasks that can wait, I do put off until they can wait no longer. I have found that lists do work. I make a weekly to do list as well as a daily one. The daily to do list works well with making sure all my tasks are done for the day and keeps me from being frustrated with all that needs to be done for my classes, coworkers and students. This way...no one gets left out, not even me.

My daily list is my best friend. I even take it a step further and create a to do list for each class I instruct so that I accomplish all the tasks for that particular class.

Good post. I tended to be a person of immediacy, wanting to do everything in a limited time period which ultimately wore me out. I have started writing thing down and prioritizing tasks at work and at home.

I really need to start making a "to-do" list. It will help. I am one to find excuses to not create the list though.

I have always been a "list maker" ... I generally make a list at the beginning of my week, writing down the things I would like to accomplish as well as those things that must get done. I prioritize tasks in categories or work related and home related and then break down (according to time allowance) how and when I should get them done.
It is important to learn that items which must get done do need to take priority but in order to balance and not feel I am never accomplishing other things, I prioritize at least one item on the "would like to get accomplished" list. In this way I feel a personal satisfaction that I have done something which is important to me (a personal goal met or rewarded). This allows me to pay more attention to the "must get done" list and not procrastinate.

Yes, I have always tried to knock out the easiest or fastest tasks first so as to leave more time for the larger more significant tasks. After completing this section, while I am still not sold, I am willing to admit there may be a more efficient way to do things and I will try to do tasks in order of importance rather than time needed.

Judith, It sounds like list making is made for you! Keep it up.

Dr. Melissa Read

I have been making a "to do" list, but I need to make it more precise, complete and up to date

@melissaread : Based on this course, I realized that I may have a problem with immediacy because I want to complete every task as soon as possible.

@melissaread

I have been a list maker for years.  I have started to prioritize my list.  What a diffence it has made in my time management.  Less stress.  Thanks for such a simple but excellent idea.  I learned much from this section.

@melissaread,

I believe I am a very punctual person and important tasks should be completed corectly first and as quickly as possible second. Completing tasks to quickly can potentialy create mistakes that by taking a little more time can be avoided. So, I guess i believe that being the first one finished is not as important as completing the task correctly. 

@melissaread

I've always been taking care first about the most important and urgent tasks first. As teachers there are so many tasks to accompish per day, during a very short time.

The idea of " to-do" list is great to prioritize,but so many times I've got the same feeling every day , and year after year that even if I'd stay at work from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM I wouldn't be able to accomplish all the daily tasks.

Still,working on it and this course definately helps.

@melissaread

I think that I will try and be more cognicent about prioritizing my tasks.  Especially tasks related to classroom activities.  this would help to be a psitive role model to be prepared. This is definitely a weak point for me and something that I need to work on.

Leslie Morgan

Sign In to comment