Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am usually good at determining what takes priority and following through before less important tasks are tackled. The course reinforced what I do in order to deal with tasks.

The course offers some excellent suggestions.
I tend to prioritize and complete urgent tasks first. I like the idea of a list and continued updating and prioritizing as you seek to complete the tasks. The list helps you to stay organized and to feel a sense of accomplishment as you you move through it. This definitely helps to lessen the stress in your life.

Mercedes, It sounds like you are really on top of things! Using technology to your advantage is likely one of the keys to your success. Yes, if you think you have a problem with immediacy, you probably are on to something. I might recommend starting to take occasional breaks from work just to see how it feels.

Dr. Melissa Read

Hudson, Yes, I would go ahead and start asking about priorities. It could be that your manager assigns you tasks with various levels of urgency. Understanding which task is highest priority will help you perform better. As for writing lesson plans in advance, it's wonderful when you can do this. To your point, many instructors are not in this position with all the other tasks they are balancing.

Dr. Melissa Read

I always try to finish my tasks as soon as they are given. I am truly a person who depends on prioritization to make sure that I am completing every tasks that are given to me. I do have a little OCD when it come to my responsibilities. This lesson has truly made me realize that not everyone is like me with prioritizations. I'm teaching a class in Career Development and this is one of the most important topics in this class. If they get this, they will at least have a chance!

I like the idea of making a list each week that I revise on a weekly basis. I think this will save me a lot of time.

I don't think I would change the order of how I accomplish tasks based on this module. I do prioritize my tasks per order of importance. It's the tasks that are less important I can never seem to get to because a more important task comes my way.

I usually make lists, but never really put the tasks in any particular order. Based on what I've learned in this module, I will try my hand at actually prioritizing the tasks based on importance and urgency. I'm pretty sure that this may reduce my stress and help me to not procrastinate.

With me there are certain task my students must do first every day. I make sure theses are completed then we can go forward with the next task for the day and they also learn that task must be done in order.

Tiffany, Yes, prioritization can make all the difference in list making. Doing so helps us clearly see what needs to be accomplished as opposed to the nice to haves.

Dr. Melissa Read

Don, Interesting. I often find that instructors train like this in culinary and medical fields. I'm curious to hear about your field.

Dr. Melissa Read

I see a to-do list as a budget for my time. First, I prioritize the tasks based on urgency. I try to approximate how much time each task will require, and I allocate an amount of time for each task (a well-spaced calendar does just fine). I factor in the inevitable interruptions and unforeseen "time robbers." I review the list at the end of each day and place unrealized tasks on tomorrow's list (if time allows). I am careful not to "loose" uncompleted tasks by making sure they are included in future lists.

I believe so. I don't use a to-do list as regularly as I should, and depending on memory at my age can be unreliable. I think I will do a list every morning and assign a priority value from 1 (low) to 5 (high) and cross through them as I do each one. Priority will be based on urgency (like teaching a class at 9 AM). I will also give a time allowance for each task that is reasonable and allow some down time for the unforeseen. Unfinished tasks go on the next day's list if there is still urgency. I have used this method for meetings and special events, just no for daily routine. Starts Monday !!!

Yes I will change the way, I order things. I will make sure not to procrastinate anymore.

Based on what I've learned in this module regarding task prioritization, I am definitely open-minded to changing some of the order in which I accomplish important and urgent future tasks. I strongly feel it is very important to consistently rearrange and reorganize one's agenda for successful completion.

I'm a list maker and it helps me keep on task. One of my favorite things to do is cross things off my list. I can work on prioritizing the task to be more efficient.

I usually do things immediately, but I don't feel rushed by that. I also tend to inadvertantly overschedule time which leaves me with too much down time in the classroom. Sometimes it is difficult to judge, but I'm a person that would rather be early than late.

Denise, Crossing off items on your list can be a great relief. It's wonderful to see your progress visually and to enjoy knowing that everything is getting done!

Dr. Melissa Read

Most urgent tasks will be completed first. I feel that some of the important tasks may require a little more thought or development before they can be completed. I use daily check lists as well as on overall to do list. This helps me to prioritize the list of things to do.

I have realized how important it is to have a to do list. Never have I thought I needed to make one on a daily basis. Now that I have read it helps relieve stress I am willing to try it out.

Sign In to comment