Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module really helped to consider the various challenges that may come up with adult learners. It also helped to be more empathetic towards students' needs.

It is important to understand that our student population is diverse. While students have diverse needs, they all need to have the same baseline understanding of the material at the end of class.

Course goals are important to discuss

The importance of connecting what they are learning to their career goals, it will give them motivation for really paying attention to the subject at hand.

Review life experience of each student including work experience, school, volunteer, etc.  This information can be useful when having class discussions by drawing out these experiences.

Discussing goals is a great thing to do with students

Finding the students career path will be the way to make it in class. Moviate them to see there goals so they don't loose focus.

Having done most of my secondary educations as an adult learner, I now understand why online learning has been the best option. I prefer to work at my own speed and want the ability to accelerate my learning as I wish. This has brought to light the importance of the diversity of student learning needs as well as ways to help them successfully achieve their objectives even though there is a vast diversity of students with their own needs. It is important to find methods that reach all of them so each one will be successful with their learning. 

I have learned that you need to look at the learning experience through the students eyes and try to create a comfortable learning experience while also maintaing rules and professional expectations

I think really understanding the background of students is importatn in order to foster an engaged successful learing environment and taking the time to do this is cruicial. 

Cultural competency is important to encourage students.

Conduct a Questionare for each Student and collectively understand each students needs, goals and characteristics in their learning styles. Motivate them and demostrate a snse of sympathy in the way they set goals and learning styles. 

• Understanding student needs and goals allows the instructor to better apply strategies for enabling students to achieve goals and enjoy success, ultimately leading to student retention. Also, student sharing of life experiences enables everyone to gain an appriciation for the commonality of expectations, and hence creating an atmosphere of unity and comety in class.

Understanding student charactaristics is fundamental in the process of motivation, retention, and ultimately, achieving the desired learning outcomes. Differences in age, ethnic backgrounds, fear factors, disabilities--physical, and more importantly, psychological--insecuries, and frustrations are just some of the exigencies an instructor must take into account in order to provive the necessary support for successful learning outcomes to be acieved.

I've learned of the importance of becominf more aware of various ethnic beliefs, to be aware of various educational milestones in the students, to allow all participants to feel as though they are being heard, and to be sure to have my own mind open to new ideas that will lead to me becoming a proficient educatoer and ensuring the participants are provided a good educational experience.

From this module i have learned that students come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.  This gives a teacher pause to consider all posibilities when addressing students' concerns. 

From this lesson, I've learned that each student is unique and I must work with them to help them reach their desired goals in the course. 

I learned ways to engage the students and keep them wanting to learn.

its important to get to know the students to be able to adjust to their leanring styles and goals

i like the idea of talking about real life situations what it will be like in the work place , talking about whtat an employer will expect from you.

Sign In to comment