Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This was a hghly informative model that depens my appreciation to the theoretical underpinnings of learning.

I intend to develop my students' episodic memory by providing opportunities for students to handle real-world scenarios such as case studies or role playing activities.

I think  this module on the brain, it was a good review of the brain and memory.  I learned that with an adult learner their working memory can sometimes be overloaded with outside stressors or activities. Also, I learned that as instructor we need to find a way to make a learning path for these students to help they learn and retain the information we are giving to them in order for them to be sucessful. I like this module. 

Instructors need to have a clear understanding of what part of their curriculum is concrete in base and what part is more abstract. With this understanding lessons and activities can be created that will help the students to gain experience in using both concrete and abstract thinking.

This unit was a nice review of the neurology of the brain and brain development. It is important to know the 3 stages of most growth and development and to realize that many of our students are right around, before or after, the last major development: the development of the prefrontal cortex that organizes higher order thinking skills. 

I enjoyed relearning how the adult brain works again. I will have to readjust my teaching techniques when it comes to my adult students.

I hadn't really heard much about deletion, distortion, or generalization before this module. I've covered memory types extensively, so learning about the filters was interesting. As a graphic communications teacher, it'll definitely help expand upon why we retain certain things and how graphic designers can work towards helping audiences retain a specific message or meaning. It'll also help me when I work on my lesson plans!

This module really broke down how students think for me! I enjoyed learning about semantic, episodic, and working memory. Concrete and Abstract thinking is crucial not only to the student's learning but curriculum development. Just by learning the definitions of concrete and abstract thinking, I can identify parts of the lesson plans I've already written that have students think in these ways. 

I agree with the other users.  This is a good review of how the adult brain works.

This subject provides a better understanding of how the brain functions, retains, stores and applies information. From a students point of view but can also be applied to the instructors point of view as well.

My field is rife w both concrete and abstract thinking on a constant basis.

Understanding that the adult brain does not reach maturation until age 25 gave me a better perspective on how adult learners process and retain information. 

We are experiencing information overload at all times thru the world we live in. I see all the time how difficult it is to clear space in the students minds to grasp and hold on to new information.  This module was very helpful in finding new strategies. The episodic and semantic areas for me a great way to start new things. I reallly like the idea of attaching an experience to a learning process. I also think that in my field of work tying the senses to a learning experience is very helpful. Herbs textures, smells, visual and auditory learning are so relavant to the culinary field. Multitasking is also one that is so important

Generational learning needs to be considered in the classroom. It was beneficial to speak through stages of development. 

When teaching we must realize that the individuals brain may learn things in different ways.

peoplem  learn differnetly

I love how the brain can devlop over time, to change its process of perception and what to do with that perception. How you can be concrete about a item or abstract, and include a possible change.

I never realized it took so long for the brain to develop.

From our earliest learning age to adulthood, our brains are continuously learning. Through the different stages of life, we tend to retain information differently.

I really enjoyed the information on how the brain works and how to use that information to really help the students obtain in

Sign In to comment