Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I prefer to ask something like "Should I clrarify any informstion one more time?" instead of "Does it make sense?" - in pedagogy it is recommended to avoid this question as well, as it undermines intellectual ability of an individual.

• Have students ask questions 
  • Have students take notes 
  • Make sure you also have a few questions to ask your students 
  • Don't make it seem like you don't know what to talk to the students about 
  • Use real life scerinos if needed 

This section was very educational. The Bloom's Concept fovus on six levels when developing questions or learning activities. Well asked questions should be planned and directly to an individual student.

Preperation is the key. Planned questions with follow up questions allows student to have a better understanding.

I always ask different questions untill I get the correct answers. This is a way for me to see the level of knowledge my student have in medical diagnoses and I make sure I get answers from everyone. I keep them engaged.

The cognitive domain refers to the development of intellectual skills. That is, the focus is on how and how much a student can learn. Our teaching is focused on what students should know about a subject. This is the domain that this section of the course will most focus upon.

I am going to work on preparing instructional content that allows students to interact and direct the lesson.

All plenty of questions

Reading your students is important as to not embarrass the quiet ones.

Les Berkheiser Planning is everything.

Planned questions = Better engagement

I really haven't thought about incorporating planned questions into my lesson planning, but I really believe that would help to motivate the students to discover answers on their own and not expect me to always provide the answer.

I always have a debriefing after class with questions but i hadn't considered how i work through the questions to get the students to answer them. i will be more deliberate in how i conduct the last part of class.  

I had not realized that asking “Any questions? Or Do you understand?” Is not a question as students may not know what to ask or if at end of class they are not going to answer for fear of class going late. They also may feel intimidated thinking other students understand when they do not. This section has allowed me the knowledge to further develop my questioning techniques in order to enhance student learning.

Planning questions in preparation for the class and giving individual students more time to respond are key elements. Try to control the responses but do not shut down vocal students' enthusiasm.  

I've learned not to ask questions in class as a whole because I always just get those few students who sit in front answering all the questions.  I began going by rows and individually and giving them time to respond.  That way I can see who is understanding the material and who isn't.  

Planned questions are the best way to see if the students are engaging with the course.

It's good to sometimes directly question a student by name. General class discussion questions leave an opportunity for some students to over-participate and other students to never participate. 

Effective teachers need well thought out questions for students. I have always liked using student response and ask addition questions that build on to their response for others to chime in.

So important to recognize all students at every level when preparing instruction. 

Sign In to comment