Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It was really helpful for me to read the components of a good question and the alternatives to "any questions" at the end of a class period. From my side, it seems like this is inviting any confusion from the topic, but it was helpful to read how students interpret that question and good replacements. 

If the instructor has a good experience in his field, he can create good questions. and keep the class paying to his questions. and he can lead the students and let all of the students paying good attention to him and they share because he will create the environment needed.

By asking the student questions that may lead to the correct answer, a teacher has prompted critical thinking while maintaining the students self esteem. Be sure to thank the student when the correct answer is finally given.

I am guilty of asking poor questions, I guess. I often ask "does that make sense?" or "Does anyone have a question?" I need to rephrase my questions and help students turn a wrong answer into a right answer. I liked the Harvard video of the female instructor who would lead students to eventually get to the right question so they were successful. I am not sure I can do it, but love the idea.

Sign In to comment