Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Interventions

What examples do you have of successfully implemented interventions to address your career center's challenges?

Social Media Trends

How do you stay current with social media trends?

Social Media Use

How have you used social media in your career center?

Free Alumni Membership

What other memberships that are offered professionally are FREE? All memberships that I have been affiliated with in the past and present have a fee of some sort related to it for either initial membership or yearly. Why should an alumni membership be different? Buddy

Building a Resume

at our school, when teaching resume writing and building, students thinks that writing resume is very easy until they actually start to build it

Placement

In interviewing new student's, I have noticed, that 10 to 15% of them inquired about placement.

Extern to Hire

We have an established network of externship sites, but I want to know how to improve our externship to hire rates. My management team believes we should have between 30-40% ETH, we are currently at 24%, last year ended at 28%. The school has been in the community for many years and is highly thought of, but I sometimes feel that we are using the same sites over and over for "free labor". Can someone help us establish a means to improve this metric?

Employment Skills Workshops

Our Placement Department has initiated what they have titled "Journey to Success" for our students. This starts on the first day of class. All employees of the PD go to each classroom, introduce themselves, hand out "train tickets" for the workshops the students will be traveling during their months of skills training (there is a different train station for each skill). We have building your portfolio, resume development, interviewing (mock and informal from our employers), dress for the interview, and several other different seminars which we believe will benefit our students. Since we can't make these workshops mandatory, does anyone… >>>

Revamping a Struggling Placement Department

We believe we now have the right staff in our placement department, but we are in need of a resource library for each of our programs. We have a new Director of this department and he needs a starting point - can anyone give me some suggestions so I can help him be successful?

Credentials of your staff...must everyone be experienced?

What are your thougts...

Barriers to setting up an Alumni Association

List at least 3 objections you will face (or are facing) when initiating an Alumni Association. How will you overcome each?

Public Relations Opportunities

What public relations opportunities do you envision as a result of an Alumni Association at your school?

Benefits to Offer Your Grads

If you were to start an Alumni Association at your campus today, what are the benefits you are prepared to offer your grads? What benefits can you offer in the future?

Your First Event

What do you envision as the first social event to hold? When would that be? What do you want in place before the event?

Challenges to Setting Up an Alumni Association Website

What are the challenges you face in setting up a dedicated school Alumni Association website and how will you overcome them?

Measuring Alumni Association Results

What areas of your Alumni Association do you plan to measure and how will you explain the return on investment to your school leadership?

Mission Statement Development

Draft a mission statement. Will you adapt the mission statement from your school or create a unique mission statement?

Advisory Board Membership

What are the steps you will take to form an Advisory Board?

Best way to attract solid extern sites

Can anyone share a methodology used to attract extern sites beyond the typical solliciation?

Software that will help manage statistics

We currently use Diamond D software to manage student information, placement, etc. but have not seen the full potential of this product. Does anyone use this software or another to manage statistics?
Related Learning Opportunities