Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

FERPA

Very informative on how FERPA protects our students rights!

FERPA

Regulatory compliance is the essential.

FERPA

The students rights are protected and parents have little or no say even if they are paying the student’s tuition. 
what is your prospective from a student’s point of view or from the paying parent’s point of view and do you feel either rights are being violated?

Lana Palacios HE106C

I found it very informative. It's great to know that FERPA protects the rights of students while they attend school. It is important for us to keep this updated .

FERPA

The FERPA regulations have helped to keep our college/university campuses safer.  The plans must be updated frequently as different situations arise

FERPA

I found it very informative. It's great to know that FERPA protects the rights of students while they attend school. That is one less thing to worry about for many students. 

Ferpa

student privacy

HE 106 - FERPA

I have learned the kind of student information that is allowable for parents to receive whether or not they are paying for tuition.  Very interesting!

What are job duties

Mine is all about keeping thing in compliance of the state of California.

¿Cuál es la importancia de utilizar adecuadamente los términos para promocionar un programa?

Con este programa he aprendido la importancia de conocer y utilizar los términos adecuados para la comunicación y publicidad, para promocionar los programas. 

AI and disability

How will the use of AI help a student with a disability?

Behavioral issues - what strategies have you used?

What strategies have you used in your classroom when a student has behavioral issues?

Describe the behavior and then give a strategy you utilized successfully. 

Compliance

Since each person can reach the training in their time how to involve a peer?

Audit

What is the best way to be ready and to pass an audit successfully ?

CM201

Is it an obligation to do job placement for each student?

Knowledge

I learned the importance of providing students with accurate information. Also, to stay in compliance and be sure to be an expert in my specific institution on their policies , procedures and especially offered programs. 

cm251-

I learned an example of UD being curb cuts are inclusive of not just wheelchair needs; but also those of mothers with strollers, elderly and walkers, walkers with carts, and even skateboarders. fitting the needs of many. 

K Bruegger

Admissions Staff Training Program

I have learn the Florida legal structure, bodies and fundamental rules and guidelines required in the Admission Department.  

Initial Training

The lessons so far have stressed the importance of being an AR that is up to date in terms of policies and procedures. 

Compliance/Training

It is important to keep abreast of all changes and adjustments to our processes, which will allow us to display professionalism and build confidence in what we do