Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Addressing Complaints

What do you feel is the best way to address student complaints and why?

Excellent Customer Service

Describe the best methods of excellent customer service. Then explain why you feel that these methods are the best.

Regulatory Environment

Describe how the regulatory environment has changed over the past few years.

Mission Statements

In your own words explain why your company's mission is important to you.

Compliance Regulations

What are your views?

School and academic library

There a lots of resources on internal auditing which largely focus on the student financial aid, but I haven’t found anything focuses on compliance issues for academic or school libraries. The libraries are so important in an auditing because the students’ needs to find and create their knowledge in the libraries. The financial aspect it’s important, but the academic issues are important too.

Moving and Shaking

Education is going through a movement in regulations, documentation, and changes. It is imperative for courses like this to exist to make sure we are doing right by the student. I feel having the laws and policies at hand makes me  more professional in my field and better at advising those looking to attend college.

The credibility adds pride to my industry in which I have built a career now for over a decade.

Transfer Credits

Transfer Credits are accepted by all schools??

Ethical and Complience

Hello: You must be ethical and complience to the company that you working for and mostly with in your self, because it saids a lot about your caracter and how you conduct your business. In this new regulations should not be hard for you as an employee to follow, due to mostly being already that way during the time of conducting your business. Keep in mind integryti makes the person and not the other way around. Sincerely, Claudia S.

Excited Interview

Hello: Every single student should have an exited interview done in regards to their loans, due to the fact that they should be aware of the time frame for their replaiments and the money own upon the last day of depart from any given institution. Sincerely, Claudia S.

Misrepresentation of the Institution

Hello: Make sure you only disclose the information written or visualize with in institutions webside or catalog, due to the complains regulation you can easily misreprensentate the institute by given or making disclosures that are or had not being posted approperly to the right channels. Sincerely, Claudia S.

Managing Checks

Hello: When a new student pays you cash not only check, does the same procedure follow? Meaning collecting the money and making them a receipt towards the payment that has just been paid. If so what will be the next step in order for the advisor to be with in complaince regulations? Sincerely, Claudia S.

Managing your leads

Hello: Managing your inquiries effectively should be calling your inquiries at least 3 times a day and making sure that you are leaving a sustanable message at the end of the third call. That way your inquire will return your message and that way you will be able to follow the inquirie to an appointment setting. Sincerely, Claudia S.

DNC

Hello: Maintaining a regulation in DNC can determine how effective you are managing your leads. How can the company make sure you are with in complience guilince for the DNC inquiries. Sincerely, Claudia S.

Do Not Call

Hello: In my experience as an advisor, I notice that some inquires come in already mark as DNC. What is the proper procedure during this specific senario? Is it still a callable inquiri? Sincerely, Claudia S.

ATB Testing

We have found the revised guidelines for ATB testing to be very beneficial in ensuring a separation between our school's staff and test administration/scoring. Anyone else?

Catalog Information

Every Friday, the admissions team reviews a page of the catalog in the morning meeting. Program specifics and admissions/accreditation information is reviewed regularly.

Ongoing Training

I firmly believe that ongoing training is critical, no matter what your career field. Especially in this day and age of computer technology, social media, and hand-held devices like smartphones that allow us to access information instantaneously. As technology evolves, so do we--in every sense--mentally, perhaps spiritually, physically--and as we evolve as individuals, as a society, as a world, our career fields evolve and change as well. Therefore, in order to stay up-to-date and compliant with regulations, it's crucial that we take the time to learn the new rules and regs, procedures, and other components that help us stay present… >>>

Training

Currently i am a new member of the delta team. This is currently my 5th week on the job and i am still continously learning rules, regulations, and procedures. This training gave me a better understanding of numerous topics in which i was still unclear about. I feel on this job you are always going to be continously learning new information and you must always be following procedures the correct way. Compliance is a very important factor to follow so you always want to make sure you are up to date and clear on every area you may have a… >>>

Compliance

Very good course.  Everyone that works at the secondary-education level needs to know this information.