Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Seperation of duties

Why arent small schools exempt from separating the functions of authorizing payment and disbursing or delivering funds?

Admissions Relations

Why it is important that a student who is inquiring with general admissions or aid eligibility questions not establish a relationship with the school?

PROBLEM WITH FINANCIALS

We are a small welding school that offer financial assistance thru TFC.  The problem that we keep coming into is potentail students do not have funding to attend our school.   We are not accredited as of yet so this makes it a little more difficult for students.  Do you have any suggestions?

Training

As a new employee of Delta I found the compliance training very relevant to my position. I think the information presented was very important and even though I have worked in post-secondary education before I learned new information about the federal guidelines and how I can do my part to stay in compliance. I think that additional training throughout the year(s) would be very helpful and imperative to stay up to date with the new regulations and to refresh my memory of the current guidelines put in place.

Additional Training

I think online admissions representative should be able to take a sample class so they can experience what the student(s) might go through for their first onlince experience.

Unfunded Mandates

How are schools on strictly limited budgets suppose to implement accomodations that can be costly and threaten the solvency of the school?

Teaching Compliance

I just wanted to comment on the idea that teaching students compliance with rules, requirements, regulations, format, etc. is more important than ever in the digital age.  We see this in the courses that we are required to complete being on-line courses that we complete at our own pace in a setting of our preference.  There are critical thinking skills be assessed in these on-line courses which becomes much more valuable and important to learning.  I try to transfer these skills into what I teach my students in the classroom. 

Training

The training gave me much more detailed insight that I would have ever thought. I have been in this industry for many years and learned more about regulations then I ever have. I really enjoyed it.

Program

This course was a great refresher with the CIE rules and allowed the institute to expand its admissions knowledge

guidelines

My eyes are wide open now when speaking with potential student.

O*NET

Who are the sources for the information compiled on O*NET? What are the uses for O*NET?

ABT

Is the 6 hour ABT acceptable in place of a GED to be admitted?

Security

Is there a suggested ratio of security to student population?

Background checks

Is it acceptable to do a background checks on students entering the medical field?

Book Rental

Is textbook rental a realistic option for students and schools?

Program Integrity Rules

Due to changes in the industry and newly implemented Program Integrity Rules (PIR) regulations, most for-profit educational institutions have re-assessed business approach and employee compensation and how employees are compensated/recognized for efforts and contributions to business outcomes. From a compliance stand point, what are the most effective way(s)to audit and regulate employee compensation to prevent implications with PIR? Is there a specific guideline to test or quickly identify potential PIR concerns?

Communication Is Key

With all of the changes to technology in communication, what type of communication do you find most useful?

Staying Compliant

Share your best practices that will keep you in compliance with the rules and regulations.

CAN-SPAM

What is the single most important item you learned about emailing students, and how will it change your daily communication style?

Catalogs Are Critical

Catalogs are often mentioned throughout the course. What makes the catalog so valuable to both the student and a school employee?