Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Max Knowledge

Max Knowledge is very helpful and useful

Disabilities

As an educator, it is within my greatest believe that everyone can be taught. Although they may not learn at the same degree, they can learn. Those that have a passion to educate will be more effective at helping the individuals that have a disability.

How do you break the ice when meeting a potential student?

I greet with a handshake and ask how thier trip in was.

Continued advancement

This is a great opratunity to grow and continue the advancement of facalty and adminastrators. 

Rapport Building

I love this activity it helps with enrollment

Job requirements

So the institution may not be able to deny based on capabilities such as lifting a certain amount of weight or bending/stooping/kneeling for periods of time (as in nursing), but when looking for a career as a nurse, for example, these are all stipulations of acquiring the job. How can we, as educators, set students up to fail like this?

Compliance Training Course

I have learned new concepts, rules, and regulations that my Institution needs to know to stay licensed in Florida.

It is important to follow rules, and regulations and to stay updated in any changes happening. I have increased my knowledge through this online training course. It has been resourceful and convenient because is online, which means, I had the time to enter in thje portal at any time during office or off hours.

I am satisfy that I am now getting my certification to stay in Compliance in Florida. Thank you FASCP

Course

I took the course to renew my license for Ohio.  The information was very, very good!  I got reinforced on the right way to do things so I do not put my school of myself at risk and I know I am doing right by all the studetns I come into contact with.

ED203

I just finished ED203 Technology Integration for Instructors, and found it to be very interesting and valuable on how to use different tecnology in the classroom.  It discussed using smartbaord, powerpoint, videos, digital recorders, and visual aids to address different learning modalities, which will help in keeping students engaged.  This was a great learning tool.

My Role

As an instuctor, it is important that we address our student with disablities correctly. We must not sterotype student because of there skill level.

Max knowledge

I went through the training for Florida DOA's. this is an excellent course, there's a lot of knowledge and the tools available are effective. I will continue to visit the site, I find it interesting and you can't go wrong by having a strong sense of compliance.

Universal Design

Universal design should be apart of the building code for all public buildings and use not just for people with disablities. It makes it easier for the entire population of individuals that attend the college or university.

Equal Access for Disable Students

Having equal access to course material and campus is very important to a student education. Although they have a disablitiy, they deserve the same rights as other.

Students with Disablities

I teach students with all types of disablities and it takes patience. Everyone does not have the care or the patience. Some of the students you have to put your foot down at times to calm them down to let them know that you are the authority figure. But once that is established then you donot have a problem. You also have to understand there limits and what they are capable of doing and not doing. So teaching students with disablities require time and effort.

Wheel Chairs

It's imperative that every dorr that people in wheel chairs have automatic doors. I've been to a couple of schools in my past that did not and it was embarassing for them.

Learning Disability

It's imperative that we are all aware of everything that needs to be done to accommodate their needs.

handicapped students

I think that it's very important to be sensitive to handicapped students. It doesn't matter what their case might be.

Max Knowledge Experience

There was a lot to learn with Maxknowledge. It was a 2 week course. I think I should have had about one more week. It takes me a while to soak up information, escpecially information included in this course. It was a lot, and it was very overwhelming to remember.

I have learned about teaching styles. I don't like lecture as much as I like lab time. I like doing instead of doing a lot of lecture. I would rather use my voice to instruct my students on how to give massage instead of why they should give a massage.

New to all this

Brand new to admissions and the lounge, what features do you find most helpful?

How do you use this as a resource?

Do you find this site as an effective resource?