Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Admission

I was wondering what your biggest challenge has been with being employed in Admissions? I am new to this realm of work, so the biggest hurdle for me is learning about the compliance aspect and what to do and what not to do. I am learning more every day, which is great. It is nice to have a job that keeps me on my toes daily and one that I am constantly learning new information from.

@eeswope : Hi Erin! Don't thin is only you for me staying in compliance and providing accurate information is a challenge!! We have to keep up with the new rules and policies all the time. This is the type of career that always keep you learning.

Keeping up with rules and regulations in a challenge; so much information to capture, process and transmit could be intense. It is a good idea to involve fellow professionals to discuss them before they ae implmented and discussed. 

I agree that rules and regulations are a challenge. We have to keep up with the changes. There was too much information for me to absorb. Having the option to print the material for later reference was a big plus.

Diana

Hii
Erin, you sound like me. I have the same questions. This is a neat forum. In it together, Kay

Compliance is a very important aspect of admissions. If a student asks you a question that you are not sure about, then tell them you will research it and find the correct answer. You will have questions about accreditation, transferability of credits, career opportunities for each degree program and some students may ask what they can expect to earn after completing their degre.

Sign In to comment