Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

CO103

Prepare and practice for presentations.

CO102

Communicate clearly and effectively. 

CO101

Effective communications improves productivity and morale. 

Stress Management | Origin: ML136

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Stress Management

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Time Management | Origin: ML135

Time Management 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Career Management | Origin: ML134

Career Management 

Goal Setting | Origin: ML133

Goal Setting

Difficult Interactions | Origin: ML122

Difficult Interactions

Negotiation Skills | Origin: ML121

Negotiation Skills

Feedback Skills | Origin: ML120

Feedback Skills

Persuasion Skills | Origin: ML119

Persuasion Skills 

Coaching Skills | Origin: ML118

Coaching Skills

Presentation Skills | Origin: ML117

Presentation Skills

Writing Skills | Origin: ML116

Writing Skills

Tips on giving feedback as opposed to simply criticizing

Based on what I’m learning, when I give constructive feedback to others, I am – or should be: Reinforcing or encouraging a more effective way, redirecting a behavior or pointing out a more productive way, ensuring appropriate standards are set , and / or helping the recipient prepare for better performance. (These are from my notes.) With that in mind, how can I be sure that I’m not just giving someone my advice or personal opinion especially when ‘providing feedback’ to co-workers. I know ‘timing is everything’ but I’m interested to hear personal experience or tips on this. I’ve come… >>>

Assessment Quiz

I struggle with trying to include 'too much' in many of my presentations and need to whittle down to the essence

I struggle with trying to include 'too much' in many of my presentations and need to whittle down to the essence.  I assume it is in an effort to impress the audience or to demonstrate that I have a thorough understanding of the topic.  I know this is a crutch, but still I struggle with this.  Perhaps this is in part due to my learning style with is a bit unorthodox, but it seems I violate many of the principles taught in ML 117 - and I know these are valid.  I see other instructors do quite well and in… >>>

Providing a good presentation to the correct audience

Presentation can be powerful if open the right way to the correct audience.  I have had to opportunity to  gain by audience attention and hold it for 25 minutes.  I use to hate speaking and now I love to take the audience to another place and have a discussion with them  with new ideas.

Feed back

Feedback can be used in many way some good some bad i think we need to be carful Wally

helped

This has helped me address my class better Wally