Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned it is vital to project your presence in an online learning environment. I intend to apply what I have learned by ensuring:

(1)  I answer student questions as soon as possible and provide feedback that is constructive and comprehensible.

(2)  Send scheduled reminders for upcoming deadlines for assignments.

Introduce yourself and create a short bio of self and also have students do the same the first week of class.  This will reduce the jitters and set a welcomng environment moving forward.  

Introduce yourself as a instructor. This lets the student know what experience you are bringing to the table. Being a SME is everything in e-learning. 

I have learned that participation in discussions and chat session is very important in the online learning environment; I will incorporate this aspect into my teaching and make my presence know on a regular basis by posting scheduled reminders for my students.

That an on-line instructor need be one who can influence, persuade, inspire and energize students just like in a regular classroom.

For fully online courses it is easy for students to feel there is no "real" person behind the course, so finding ways to convey personality, presence, and authority is crucial for student success. In 2020 there are virtual ways to create the same student/instructor relationships we would in an on-ground course.

Intruction of myself to the students is key.  Establishing my authority and history of my expertise will allow the students to have confidence in who they are receiving coarse content from.  Making the students feel comfortable and confident in the coarse of study will help potentiate learning.

Establishing a rapport with the students by allowing them to state and post a bio at the beginning is a nice way to start the course off.

This is something I already do with my studentsso that we can relate to each other.

I am going to create a short biography. Plus make a list of what is required for studenst biographies.

You need to listen to your students and help them with any or all questions.

I learned how to build an relationship with my online students and how important it is to do this.

I learned that there are several different ways to connect with learners even if you are not in the classroom evironment.  This module helped me prepare building relationships with students in order to create an environment of authority, relationship and acknowledge any conflicts as they arise.  This will help with an encouraging and influencial learning environment for all.  

Connecting with each student personally should be accomplished early in the course so that students ferl comfortable and know how to ask for help.

The idea of posting a biography is very good. I also like the idea of maybe doing a video bio for my students. 

Student biographies are important, but so is the instructor biography for establishing authority and creating a safe and effective learning environment. 

I will make this a priority in my class for the first assignment. I will make sure I read and comment on student biographies.

This module taught me that online learning really doesn't differ from classroom learning in strategy only the environment changes.

I will try to respond quickly, within 24 hours, to all questions and comments.  I will also be clear about expectations, especially deadlines.

Sharing biographies and establishing your online presence establishing a mutually comfortable and respectful environment.

I learned that the best way to make students in an online course feel welcome is to have them complete a personal bio of themselves. I intended to use this as a first-day assignment. 

Sign In to comment