Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

too much work

Stress is part of life, management of life is not easy. How do you effectively manage work and life? I have yet to find a solution.

Goal setting

How do I set goals where my salon business relies 100% on staff and their clientele?

stress management

a very important factor affecting human being is stress. Stress is an inevitable factor of our make up. Though eustress can be beneficial, negative stress can impact our psyche in such ways as causing decrease of productivity, contributing to disharmony, attention deficit, malaise, poor attendance, poor judgement etc. These negative attributes may also lead to loss of job ,dysfunctional member of the family or other environment. Therefore, stress management is a vital tool to help decrease stress. This help to identify and elliminate stressors, to decrease stress by using effective technique thus allowing individuals positive, desirable performance in their environment

Health Crisis

With all of these weird illnesses popping up recently, is it safe to say you can not really plan for a health crisis?

Stress with being a new instructor

I am a new instructor this year and it has been stressful trying to find a balance with being an authority figure for the students and being on their level. I am just as young or younger than a lot of my students so it's hard to find that place of respect. I know when I get stressed out it shows in my body language. Taking this course has given me the tools I need to be able to take worrisome situations and deal with them.

Task Master

What are the down fallof being a Task Master? Do you think this bring down moral within the department.

Work Place Stress

How many people feel that work place stress increases the quality of your work? Personally I believe I am more productive under high levels of stress.

Meditation

I have found that meditation greatly decreases my levels of stress. Even simple five minute meditations can make all the difference in the outcome of a situation. It would be helpful if guided meditations were offered by the company to help decrease the amount of stress of it's employees.

Training

What effective techniques do you use to captivate all 3 types of learners (kinesthetic, auditory, and visual) when training a group?

Stress

Deans and directors can really help or hinder in new employees getting off on the right foot. Everyone wants to succeed. Eu-stress can be a good thing, people just need to be able to roll with the punches that the academia world throws at you.

stress

Some call a job stress, I call it passion.... What kind of stressors do you have in your current position? How do you handle them?

Leadership

What type of leader do you best work for? What are their qualities and strengths?

Irons in the Fire

I was working in admissions and unhappy. I luckily was able to move into academics. My problem is I get bored quickly with jobs once I learn the ropes. How do I stay 'un-bored'?

leader or manager?

Which one are you? what is the definition for each?

GI Joe

Knowing is half the battle against time-wasters. We must know how to do prioritize the amount of work for the time we are allotted. Once we figure out that part then we can understand how to manage the time better.

Goal setting

To me, goal setting is something that we do throughout our lives. We need do the things we need to do in order to get the results we wan. And so, we can get the result we deserve....

Time-Management

This was a very important course on time management. I learned a lot about what I can change personally.

Stress

You can’t let it build up for long. I notice my performance drops off and I am preoccupied. Leave work at work and home at home

Time Management

We have a day planner that lays out what is covered that day. When doing demo's we must make sure the product (motorcycle) is reassembled at the end of class.

Goal setting

An unreasonable goal is one that has little to no chance of being attained and will have a negative impact on employee motivation and morale. Usually these types of goals were not well thought out.